Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 12:06 AM

306 posts, read 757,941 times

Advertisements

Tab has a market of followers out there and I do not know why. I would have thought that RC Cola or Diet Rite stood a better chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
I wouldn't have a diet coke...if I REALLY wanted pop, it wouldn't be diet, and even then it would be very few and far between......Artificial sweeteners and flavor enhancers are dangerous

Old 12-19-2012, 05:18 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,681 times
If I drink a soda Coke and Pepsi is last on my list. But I won't give up drinking diet soda... I'll just drink it way less.

Is SPLENDA bad? Maybe they should put Splenda in diet sodas instead...

Old 12-19-2012, 05:32 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
If I drink a soda Coke and Pepsi is last on my list. But I won't give up drinking diet soda... I'll just drink it way less.

Is SPLENDA bad? Maybe they should put Splenda in diet sodas instead...
They make Diet Coke with Splenda, it's in the cans with the yellow band around the top. They're at my local WalMart, but I don't see them anywhere else.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:37 PM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterStar View Post
I keep hearing about these horror stories involving artificial sweeteners, particularly Aspartame. The Internet is loaded with unproven data and information regarding diet sodas, especially the number one product, Diet Coke.

Almost always, the source of this information rivals that of National Enquirer. Any laboratory mouse will produce malignant health problems or death after consuming a pound of aspartame a week. Moderation is key and that goes for red meat, gluten, aspirin, beans, beer, and even marijuana.

I've enjoyed Diet Coke since 1982 on a daily basis and I'm in good health (knock on wood) and my vision is excellent. Recently, Diet Coke surpassed Pepsi as the number two soft drink in the world and I have yet to find any credible evidence of the drink harming anyone when enjoyed in moderation.

What say you?
Would you mind me asking you if you are overweight? I ask because I really don't remember seeing anyone who drinks diet soda who isn't fat. This makes me wonder why drink it, since it tastes pretty bad.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:35 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Would you mind me asking you if you are overweight? I ask because I really don't remember seeing anyone who drinks diet soda who isn't fat. This makes me wonder why drink it, since it tastes pretty bad.
I drink it and I'm certainly not overweight. I'm not trying to lose weight, but I'd rather not gain any either since I like my size.

As for the taste, after you get used to diet soda it's hard to go back to regular, it tastes too heavy and syrupy.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 PM

I drink Diet Coke "just for the taste of it", as the commercial goes. I am not overweight at all but if I replace it with Coke I will be. I enjoy Diet Coke!

Old 12-20-2012, 03:30 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
I drink Diet Coke "just for the taste of it", as the commercial goes. I am not overweight at all but if I replace it with Coke I will be. I enjoy Diet Coke!
If you enjoy it and it doesn't cause problems then continue. But please understand that there really are real people out there who do have major problems with it--Betty Martini didn't make it up after all, though I wish she'd choose a more dignified way to get the message out. She's actually pretty embarrassing.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:28 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,240,795 times
Quote:
I prefer Diet Coke as well. I drink it all the time and my health is fine. If I had to believe all the warnings about "dangerous" foods I should be on the brink of death by now - given my unhealthy lifestyle of the past 23 years

Last edited by LindavG; 12-20-2012 at 05:43 PM..

Old 12-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Well said, Linda. You're not alone. Diet Coke now outsells regular Pepsi and is #2 only behind Coke. Diet Pepsi is #5. Splenda, I believe is in Coke Zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss