Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 12:12 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,614,934 times

Advertisements

Just looking for more friends on this site / app, as I am loving it. It's been helping with tracking calories and exercise, and I even throw my blood sugar readings into it to see what food triggers spikes. I'm down almost 20 lbs and hoping to be down another 12 or so in the next 2 months.

Anyone else using this and finding it helpful for losing weight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 03:47 PM

80 posts, read 956,770 times
Hi!
I use it and I love it! I log in what I eat and make sure I stay within my goal. Just cutting down on calorie intake, carbs, sugar, etc. with this app has really helped me! Even though I cheat some days, I have lost around 7 pounds. I love it!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,407,327 times
I love it too! I was amazed how high my carb count is...so I am working on more protein, less carbs.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:03 PM

My only problem is trying to use up more calories! Today I have 400 left and Wednesday I had about 700 left after dinner because of all the calories burned off.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:18 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,566,317 times
I don't use MyFitnessPal, but I do use the Weight Watchers app. It's basically the same concept, track what you eat and the exercise you do. I love it. I always have my phone with me, so it makes it so much easier to enter my food, look up foods, restaurants, recipes, etc. Regardless of which app is used, the accountability it gives you is SO helpful.

I do have a coworker who uses MyFitnessPal and she really likes it.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:25 AM

7 posts, read 6,150 times
Excellent App !!

One should realize that reducing body fat to the extreme can be very dangerous. The best option would be a combination of exercise and calorie control that can be done by this fabulous app...

Jemimah

Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,086,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I don't use MyFitnessPal, but I do use the Weight Watchers app. It's basically the same concept, track what you eat and the exercise you do. I love it. I always have my phone with me, so it makes it so much easier to enter my food, look up foods, restaurants, recipes, etc. Regardless of which app is used, the accountability it gives you is SO helpful.

I do have a coworker who uses MyFitnessPal and she really likes it.
Same here.

I was using myfitnesspal and trying to stick to 1200 calories a day and I just wasn't losing any weight. I mean, I was losing a LITTLE but it was really slow going. I was so depressed!

I finally went to Weight Watchers and was told that I wasn't eating ENOUGH food and if I ate more I would lose weight faster. Believe me, I was skeptical!

They calculated that I needed to eat a minimum of 1400 calories a day (well, it was points but when I figured up what I was eating on myfitnesspal it ended up being between 1400-1500 calories a day). The first week I lost 4 pounds and I've been steadily losing since!

The main difference is that when I use WW, I don't have to "count" most fruits and veggies, which allows me to make better choices. Maybe a few more calories but it's only "the good stuff."

I'm not trying to discredit the myfitnesspal app or program - it's really good for tracking stuff, and it's free. I'm just saying that the overall support and the WW points system works better for me.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,466,377 times
Yup I am using mfp. I have the app on my phone and log every day. I eat over my current calorie goal of 1440 and am still losing weight. I've kind of hit a plateau, I've lost 50 (yay!!) since August. I was losing 2 lbs a week, now its closer to 1. I'm a little bummed but I guess its to be expected. Make sure you get friends on there, it helps to have people to chat with.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
Yup I am using mfp. I have the app on my phone and log every day. I eat over my current calorie goal of 1440 and am still losing weight. I've kind of hit a plateau, I've lost 50 (yay!!) since August. I was losing 2 lbs a week, now its closer to 1. I'm a little bummed but I guess its to be expected. Make sure you get friends on there, it helps to have people to chat with.
Yeah I need more friends on there. I got my neighbor to start up again since we've been hitting the gym together.

I'm also wondering about my 1200 calorie limit. I've lost 21 lbs since Thanksgiving, but there are days I'm over 1200 and says when I workout where I end up way under.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:07 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Just started this. Very helpful, but I dislike how much less cheese it allows me to eat! My limit is 1900 a day for a 1# a week loss. Easy during the workweek, but the mean is blasted with one football game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss