Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 4,812 times

Advertisements

I am going back to s4l.... Lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks before. After a period of time I gained it back. I still have supplements left from last time. Cost to go back for a quick fix? $126 (and they gave me 2 slim snacks and 2 fiber boxes)

The program works - I have tried Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Food Lovers Fat Loss System, Cabbage Soup Diet, Thin Within, and Weigh Down Workshop. For those who say $550 is too much for a year: The cost of weight watchers is $12 a week and I lost almost 1/2 pound a week (2-3 pounds a week with s4l). So if you add it up - the cost for a year for weight watchers is $624 and that doesn't include any food OR any supplements and you lose half the weight. So which programs have trickier advertising?

Will I gain it back again? Maybe. Maybe not. I actually kept it off longer with slim4life than with any of the other programs. Better to lose it and gain it back than to continually gain and weigh 1,000 pounds. Thank you SO MUCH for the person who started this thread. It is VERY inspiring!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 10:32 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TessyK View Post
I am going back to s4l.... Lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks before. After a period of time I gained it back. I still have supplements left from last time. Cost to go back for a quick fix? $126 (and they gave me 2 slim snacks and 2 fiber boxes)

The program works - I have tried Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Food Lovers Fat Loss System, Cabbage Soup Diet, Thin Within, and Weigh Down Workshop. For those who say $550 is too much for a year: The cost of weight watchers is $12 a week and I lost almost 1/2 pound a week (2-3 pounds a week with s4l). So if you add it up - the cost for a year for weight watchers is $624 and that doesn't include any food OR any supplements and you lose half the weight. So which programs have trickier advertising?

Will I gain it back again? Maybe. Maybe not. I actually kept it off longer with slim4life than with any of the other programs. Better to lose it and gain it back than to continually gain and weigh 1,000 pounds. Thank you SO MUCH for the person who started this thread. It is VERY inspiring!
It sounds like they all failed if you gain weight once you go off.
What is a quick fix? Weight you will lose that will come right back?
If you changed your eating habits and used the money you spend on these programs and buy whole, fresh foods including lots of lean proteins, fresh veggies and fruits etc... and maybe a few cookbooks and a gym membership you may be able to keep the weight off longer.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,812 times
Hi Lucky,

I do have a gym membership and cookbooks I have a habit of eating too much food and snacking too much - that is why accountability helps me. A lot of people are out of control with their eating and need assistance in getting back to a healthy lifestyle or losing any weight at all. If you don't need any help losing weight that is fine, but maybe you shouldn't be giving advice to others on a thread about dieting if you can't relate to the struggle. Or maybe tell us how you were overweight and struggling and decided that bananas were better than chips and lost 150 pounds at a quarter pound a week without giving up by making healthy changes. This thread is about this man's success with slim4life - take some time to read his posts. I have read all of the posts and it has inspired me.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:14 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TessyK View Post
Hi Lucky,

I do have a gym membership and cookbooks I have a habit of eating too much food and snacking too much - that is why accountability helps me. A lot of people are out of control with their eating and need assistance in getting back to a healthy lifestyle or losing any weight at all. If you don't need any help losing weight that is fine, but maybe you shouldn't be giving advice to others on a thread about dieting if you can't relate to the struggle. Or maybe tell us how you were overweight and struggling and decided that bananas were better than chips and lost 150 pounds at a quarter pound a week without giving up by making healthy changes. This thread is about this man's success with slim4life - take some time to read his posts. I have read all of the posts and it has inspired me.
Well I have lost weight and now I am getting off the 10 pounds I put on last year. I did lose 40 pounds 5 years ago and it stayed off until this last year.
I have read the posts and I agree what works for someone is what they should do. But if you lose weight on one program and then stop the program and gain the weight back then that program obviously failed.
Its about finding a way to eat that will not be a quick fix but an overall life change.
As the title of the thread says, 'Does it Work?' I was responding.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:17 AM

289 posts, read 248,221 times
So much rubbish being talked in this thread.
Save your money tablets are nether going to make you thin.
You can buy a whole lot of nutritious food for that.
Losing FAT is just about calories in and calories out.
Eat correct amount of Protein and Healthy Fats.
Create a 20% or less calorie restriction.
Do resistance training to help spare muscle loss, you don't want to end up skinny fat.
Determination you have to bring to the table.
All the information FOR sensible fat loss that works and will last a lifetime is out there for free.
Yes I lost 120lbs this way gained muscle after having 3 major operations.
THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES STUPID DIETS OR PILLS THAT WORK
Good Luck
IIFYM
Losing Fat - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Old 11-30-2015, 09:01 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
So much rubbish being talked in this thread.
Save your money tablets are nether going to make you thin.
You can buy a whole lot of nutritious food for that.
Losing FAT is just about calories in and calories out.
Eat correct amount of Protein and Healthy Fats.
Create a 20% or less calorie restriction.
Do resistance training to help spare muscle loss, you don't want to end up skinny fat.
Determination you have to bring to the table.
All the information FOR sensible fat loss that works and will last a lifetime is out there for free.
Yes I lost 120lbs this way gained muscle after having 3 major operations.
THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES STUPID DIETS OR PILLS THAT WORK
Good Luck
IIFYM
Losing Fat - Bodybuilding.com Forums
I'm Mary and I support this message.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 5,559 times
I decided five years ago after my divorce that I was tired of being overweight, and tired of the lifelong yo-yo diet struggles and failed programs. I researched nutrition and weight loss and was able to lose 47 pounds on my own in a matter of a few months. After getting stuck on a plateau for a couple of months I sought out the assistance of a program in the Chicago area similar to S4L. Within the first 5 weeks on the program I was able to lose an additional 27 pounds. I moved to San Antonio shortly thereafter and although I was able to keep the weight off for several years, about 25 pounds have slowly found their way back. This in NO WAY indicates that the program failed -- It simply suggests that I failed. I failed to follow through and continue with the healthy eating lifestyle. I have not been able to drop that additional weight on my own, so I have recently signed up with S4L. As we age, and our bodies change, sometimes the things that worked for us previously need a re-balance and a new jumpstart. This is where S4L is important. Accountability, discipline and guidance are keys to the success of any program. What works for some may not work for others. Everyone must follow their own path to achieve the results they desire. I've done it before on my own and had great success, but now I need some extra help. If it works -- even enough to get me back on track -- then it is a success in my book. We all have our own stories, and until someone walks in our shoes, there is no room for judgment. So rather than post negative and discouraging comments, applaud those that are at least putting in an effort to get healthier. Best of luck to all those who struggle with weight loss -- regardless of your methods!

Old 12-07-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMD11 View Post
I decided five years ago after my divorce that I was tired of being overweight, and tired of the lifelong yo-yo diet struggles and failed programs. I researched nutrition and weight loss and was able to lose 47 pounds on my own in a matter of a few months. After getting stuck on a plateau for a couple of months I sought out the assistance of a program in the Chicago area similar to S4L. Within the first 5 weeks on the program I was able to lose an additional 27 pounds. I moved to San Antonio shortly thereafter and although I was able to keep the weight off for several years, about 25 pounds have slowly found their way back. This in NO WAY indicates that the program failed -- It simply suggests that I failed. I failed to follow through and continue with the healthy eating lifestyle. I have not been able to drop that additional weight on my own, so I have recently signed up with S4L. As we age, and our bodies change, sometimes the things that worked for us previously need a re-balance and a new jumpstart. This is where S4L is important. Accountability, discipline and guidance are keys to the success of any program. What works for some may not work for others. Everyone must follow their own path to achieve the results they desire. I've done it before on my own and had great success, but now I need some extra help. If it works -- even enough to get me back on track -- then it is a success in my book. We all have our own stories, and until someone walks in our shoes, there is no room for judgment. So rather than post negative and discouraging comments, applaud those that are at least putting in an effort to get healthier. Best of luck to all those who struggle with weight loss -- regardless of your methods!
Honestly if you believe in this nonsense then good for you but don't try to suggest its the correct approach for those that really need help.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:11 PM

Just had a look at there website one big advert for tons of there supplements OMG

Old 12-07-2015, 01:20 PM

From there website FAQ

How long will it take me to get to my goal weight? We like our clients to be in the 3 -5 pound weight loss range per week.

Stupid amount of weight to be trying to lose in a week wont be fat half will be lean mussel mass.

Do I have to exercise to lose weight?
No. You will lose weight without exercise. What typically happens is after the initial weight loss our clients are feeling so good they start an exercise program on their own!

Exercise is always recommend resistance training will help you lose fat and NOT mussel

Also talked about on RipOffReport
Ripoff Report | Slim 4 Life Weight Loss Centers Complaint Review Internet: 168488

Those of you that want to lose weight read the links above that I posted will cost you $0 and guaranteed to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss