Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:52 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,978 times

Advertisements

OK here's a question. People use zucchini to replace spaghetti noodles and julienne the zucchini to give the "same feel" of using pasta. What if you don't care that much about pasta, you could just cut up the zucchini, toss it in with some ground turkey, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, onions, garlic and call it dinner. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 09:00 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
The julienne peeler I got was cheaper. I got it on Amazon.com.
Cool. I've never had one. I'm not much of a cook and "julienne peeler" sounds intimidating to me, lol. Just wanted to share my own good experience with what is probably a gimmicky gadget marketed to kitchen-phobics like myself.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:17 PM

380 posts, read 652,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I think what I need to do now is really nail down what foods will give me the most fullness for my buck! I know that includes high-fiber foods, protein, good carbs. But I'm having trouble coming up with food ideas. Who's got ideas for me?
Potatoes, rice, vegetables, beans. Avoid oils.

I also eat steel-cut oats every morning -- a massive bowl with banana and blueberries. Keeps me full until lunch, easily.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:44 AM

15 posts, read 15,831 times
Consume an appetite suppressant.
Natural foods or or dietary supplements is your best food. Anything high in fiber for example like oatmeal would suppress your appetite. Dietary supplements my favorite include green juices like Organifi. Experiment with different stuff and see what works for you
If you want more help just contact me or PM, easier for me to respond to private messages

Old 10-10-2015, 06:35 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
If I need to shed a couple pounds and want to keep myself full, I load up on mainly on veggies; a lot of broccoli, kale, asparagus, spinach, etc along with lean meat.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:48 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,900,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
OK here's a question. People use zucchini to replace spaghetti noodles and julienne the zucchini to give the "same feel" of using pasta. What if you don't care that much about pasta, you could just cut up the zucchini, toss it in with some ground turkey, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, onions, garlic and call it dinner. Right?
Sure. I don't see why you couldn't. I like the feel of "noodles" but you could use sliced zucchini. The only thing is that the noodles cook just by adding warm sauce. If the slices were thicker you might have to cook the zucchini more to keep it from being hard.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:50 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,900,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Cool. I've never had one. I'm not much of a cook and "julienne peeler" sounds intimidating to me, lol. Just wanted to share my own good experience with what is probably a gimmicky gadget marketed to kitchen-phobics like myself.
Totally affordable and easy to store. Low tech.

http://www.amazon.com/Bru-Joy-Stainl...e+peeler&psc=1

Old 10-11-2015, 11:03 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Totally affordable and easy to store. Low tech.

http://www.amazon.com/Bru-Joy-Stainl...e+peeler&psc=1

Sure, but while I could be wrong, I bet these guys wouldn't have nearly as much fun with a julienne peeler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX9zvebDhL4

Old 10-11-2015, 09:02 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,413,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If I need to shed a couple pounds and want to keep myself full, I load up on mainly on veggies; a lot of broccoli, kale, asparagus, spinach, etc along with lean meat.
This this this ^^^^ This really is a recipe for success.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:25 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sure, but while I could be wrong, I bet these guys wouldn't have nearly as much fun with a julienne peeler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX9zvebDhL4

I bought one of those gadgets and liked it the first time or two that I used it, but then I started slicing my thumb open on it every time I used it. It had a plastic piece that was supposed to hold onto the zucchini so that didn't happen, but it didn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss