Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 08:56 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrale21 View Post
Consume an appetite suppressant.
Natural foods or or dietary supplements is your best food. Anything high in fiber for example like oatmeal would suppress your appetite. Dietary supplements my favorite include green juices like Organifi. Experiment with different stuff and see what works for you
If you want more help just contact me or PM, easier for me to respond to private messages
Ommmmmm, ommmmm, ommmmm, meditating.....Breeeattheee...if you post it, the spammers will come....just ignore....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 09:04 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I bought one of those gadgets and liked it the first time or two that I used it, but then I started slicing my thumb open on it every time I used it. It had a plastic piece that was supposed to hold onto the zucchini so that didn't happen, but it didn't work.

You mean that white cap piece? Yeah, that didn't work for me either. I always end up with a good chunk of zucchini at the end that can't be zoodled without risk of injury. If I had a julienne peeler, I could probably use that towards the end.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:22 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sure, but while I could be wrong, I bet these guys wouldn't have nearly as much fun with a julienne peeler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX9zvebDhL4

These guys are a hoot!

Old 10-12-2015, 02:25 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Since the OP is looking for food ideas I also make a faux asian noodle salad with the julienne peeler. I make "noodles" out of cucumber (use the seedless english cucumbers) and a few carrots. I make an asian dressing from sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and rice vinegar and toss it together with some bean sprouts and scallions.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:38 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
My goto to menu for a while was ..micro a sweet potato, steam 3 servings of frozen broccoli, with a skinless chicken breast. Now the chicken breast, I would sprinkle with Mrs Dash, then top with maybe a teaspoon of olive oil. Microwave covered for 8 minutes or less...till juices run clear. I would then use the chicken juice for the sweet potato ...as a topping.
Or...micro/steam 3 servings of frozen broccoli, top with spaghetti sauce and a serving of mozzarella cheese....melted on top of course.
I love to fill up on steamed broccoli, or a big bowl of shredded lettuce, or other low carb veggies. Top with a single portion of the higher cal dish. Makes you feel like you are eating more and it is much more satisfying.
Or...scrambled eggs with sauteed veggies...mushroom, onions and peppers. Have a small flour tortilla on the side.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:05 AM

50,338 posts, read 63,906,560 times
More protein, no simple carbs. It takes so little protein to feel full that most days, I have to work at going over 1000 calories.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:57 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
OK here's a question. People use zucchini to replace spaghetti noodles and julienne the zucchini to give the "same feel" of using pasta. What if you don't care that much about pasta, you could just cut up the zucchini, toss it in with some ground turkey, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, onions, garlic and call it dinner. Right?
It took a few tries to get that noodly texture, but here's what I do: run the zucchini though the spiraler, then lay it out on some paper towels and sprinkle with some salt, and let it sit for half and hour or so. Blot off the "sweat", heat a pan with a tiny bit of oil, and saute the zoodles until they're cooked about half-way through. Then pour a few tablespoons of broth over the zoodles, put a lid on the pan and let the steam cook it the rest of the way through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss