Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 08:30 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried it or heard anything good about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 01:44 PM

40 posts, read 316,247 times
I'm pretty sure it is a typical starvation diet for people who are too "idiotic" to count calories. If a person can learn to count calories, you can eat a much larger variety of foods and will feel a lot more satisfied.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,653 times
Diets are never good, tricking only idiots to try them and yoyo back and forth. So the term "Idiot proof diet" is self contradicting term ...unless its not a diet at all :O

Old 02-07-2008, 03:21 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
I googled it and read some about it. It's not really a diet like lowfat, lowcal, lowcarbs. It's supposedly a 2500 calorie a day plan where they do the calorie, carb, fat and what ever else for you.
I'm not into diets but I'm sick of counting calories and wondering if I'm getting enough of the right foods.
The thing that works for me is eating a salad once a day but it would help to know if there's something to this plan. Sounds like a good way to lose the last of the stubborn pounds or jumpstart.
I'm plateauing now and it's been this way for months.
I think it costs 20-30 bucks to download the plan and that's why I was asking if anyones done it or heard about it.
Thanks to you all for responding.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:11 PM

111 posts, read 165,584 times
If they are charging $20-30 dollars for it, its probably a just a run-of-the-mill fad diet. Don\'t waste your money.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:00 PM

367 posts, read 1,688,080 times
Actually I am doing this diet and as a major foodie and cook I am finding it OK. The not drinking for 14 days is a killer, but I am on day 12 now and even the family are eating with me. It's definitely not a long term thing, and it changes from week 3 and introduces slowly carbs back. Ihad a major headache (cold turkeying off carbs I think) for 5 days. But I have to say, I feel great now, inner system if you will, is working better than it has in ages, and my skin looks great. I am over 50 by the way. I need to lose just about 15 pounds, so it's not a major thing for me, but I have not felt hungry either. It's very Atkins like, so the need to get off the meat and fats soon would be good, but I am loving them while I can Then its an ongoing life of eating sensibly to stay on weight, which is something that most dieters never do after they have lost the weight. I know what I should eat and find that doesn't always help. This book is funny to read, and the people on it are still going strong. They have a website that is very popular with readers. Worth a look and read before you knock it.
By the way I was lucky enough to have been given this, by a friend - she didn't think I was fat, she knows I'm a Brit (in the USA) and like off the wall books, and this is definitely in that genre.!
I think if the person reading it is not much of a cook or doesn't enjoy cooking or hasn't got much idea about what to do with ingredients, this is not for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss