Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 12:46 PM

613 posts, read 798,533 times

Advertisements

[CENTER]The Purina Diet[/CENTER]

I was in Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina for my dogs and was in line to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog........ Duh!

I was feeling a bit crabby so on impulse, I told her no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care unit with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IV's in both arms. Her eyes about bugged out of her head.
I went on and on with the bogus diet story and she was totally buying it I told her that it was an easy, inexpensive diet and that the way it works is to load your pockets or purse with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The package said the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall guy behind her.

Horrified, she asked if something in the dog food had poisoned me and was that why I ended up in the hospital.

I said no.....I'd been sitting in the street licking my butt when a car hit me.

I thought the tall guy was going to have to be carried out the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2006, 01:03 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,287 times
This was just too funny! What a laugh you gave me. Thank you. I'll be sharing this with my husband and son. I know they will appreciate it, as well.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:51 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,658,579 times
DTexas STOP IT!! ROFL!!!!!! I can't wait to try this out! *hoot*

Old 11-21-2006, 02:20 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
The Purina Diet

I was in Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina for my dogs and was in line to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog........ Duh!

I was feeling a bit crabby so on impulse, I told her no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care unit with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IV's in both arms. Her eyes about bugged out of her head.
I went on and on with the bogus diet story and she was totally buying it I told her that it was an easy, inexpensive diet and that the way it works is to load your pockets or purse with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The package said the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall guy behind her.

Horrified, she asked if something in the dog food had poisoned me and was that why I ended up in the hospital.

I am SO glad I didn't have my mouth full of soda when I read this...I just laughed so hard that my lower sphincter involuntarily contracted!!! Finally....finally...I've found someone more evil than I am when it comes to dealing with gullible nitwits who can't see the obvious! That was absolutely hilarious!!! Thank you for sharing!

Old 11-21-2006, 03:21 PM

8,957 posts, read 20,382,577 times
That was absolutely GREAT and FUNNY!!! Sounds like something I would say.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:32 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
OMG, I just got that one in an email the other day. I SPEWED when I read it. Total greatness.

Here's a true one that happened at one of our business locations VERY recently. An idiot brought their dog in (and no, we do not deal in ANYTHING that remotely has to do w/ animals, well, other than the ja's that sometimes work there ). It was a rott. Okay, I know some of them can be nice but ya don't bring it into a business. My hubby saw it and pondered for a bit about what to do and thought maybe the guy will hurry up and get what he needs and leave. Well, he didn't. Then more people started coming in and the dog started getting agitated and barking at someone. The nitwit owner said, "he just wants your cookie in your hand". Finally my dearest beloved had enough and went and asked the guy to take the dog out of the store. The moron had the gumption to tell him he did not see a sign posted that did not allow dogs. My husbands response, "Here's your sign". LMAO!!!

Old 11-21-2006, 05:20 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,632,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
[CENTER]The Purina Diet[/CENTER]

Outstanding..............

Old 11-21-2006, 05:43 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,997 times
Right now it is very difficult to type with these tears in my eyes. Man oh man, that was a good one!

Old 11-22-2006, 08:34 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,430,179 times
I loved it!!!!! Gotta show my hubby this one!!!

Old 11-22-2006, 09:34 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,287 times
I was right! I printed this and put it on the table. When my husband came in, he took off his shoes, then picked up the paper. He almost fell out of the chair, he started laughing so hard! He said he was going to have to remember it, so he could tell the guys at work. I'm sure they will continue to pass this one around!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss