Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 11:44 AM

504 posts, read 851,823 times

Advertisements

Depends on the person, and how they perceive the scale. I generally weigh daily, but for me it's just a tool that gives me information, and I know that weight fluctuates during the day and day-to-day quite a bit. I find it interesting seeing the fluctuations that vary depending on what I ate, sodium content, how much water intake, exercise, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 11:48 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeksil View Post
Depends on the person, and how they perceive the scale. I generally weigh daily, but for me it's just a tool that gives me information, and I know that weight fluctuates during the day and day-to-day quite a bit. I find it interesting seeing the fluctuations that vary depending on what I ate, sodium content, how much water intake, exercise, etc.
Yeah daily weigh-ins need to keep those fluctuations in mind. I find my weight can fluctuate by as much as 3-4 lbs depending on what I consumed in the previous couple days. As long as those variations don't phase you then daily weigh-ins are fine.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:11 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Been working hard on the diet and losing weight.

Hit the scale every morning when I'm butt naked and about to jump in the shower. It is motivational to see if I'm up or down for the day.

I'll measure around my belly (being a guy) usually once a week to get a little extra feedback.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:19 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Every 3 days to a week.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:30 PM

951 posts, read 1,139,924 times
The scale helps let me know what foods I'm eating that's working or not. For example, when I do low carb, I usually lose one pound the next day or not gain any weight at all. If I over eat my carbs and/or calories, I will gain a pound or more the next day, so I cut back. I'm currently on a cutting/losing fat cycle, so I need to pay attention to the scale. I find that when I don't, I get off track. It is demotivating, though, when I jump on and it tells me I gained 5 lbs in one week for overeating during vacation, but my legs still look good and strong, so I just tell myself it's just muscles and water gain.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:41 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Every morning same time.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-29-2016, 02:47 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
The scale helps let me know what foods I'm eating that's working or not. For example, when I do low carb, I usually lose one pound the next day or not gain any weight at all. If I over eat my carbs and/or calories, I will gain a pound or more the next day, so I cut back. I'm currently on a cutting/losing fat cycle, so I need to pay attention to the scale. I find that when I don't, I get off track. It is demotivating, though, when I jump on and it tells me I gained 5 lbs in one week for overeating during vacation, but my legs still look good and strong, so I just tell myself it's just muscles and water gain.
In this case the scale is telling you nothing, other than the fact that one day you are glycogen depleted and the next day you are not.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:06 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Weight variance over short periods of time (a few weeks) are meaningless. My weight varies by as much as 10 pounds. The only way that weighing yourself daily would have any value is if you would graph the number in a spreadsheet and add a trend line.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:12 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Weight variance over short periods of time (a few weeks) are meaningless. My weight varies by as much as 10 pounds. The only way that weighing yourself daily would have any value is if you would graph the number in a spreadsheet and add a trend line.
Yep, random variation.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:32 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kellogg View Post
Same time every day, after I wake up and use the bathroom.
Same here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss