Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 05:35 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,450,054 times

Advertisements

I have to laugh at the idea that drinking flavoured hot water is going to make a person lose weight..

The simple science is this.........increase physical exertion, and reduce caloric intake. Burn more calories than you consume, each day, and loose weight.

One has only to look at people who have been on a restricted diet, for whatever reason.....they loose weight.

Jim B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 10:06 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,835,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
I have to laugh at the idea that drinking flavoured hot water is going to make a person lose weight..

Maybe not quite on par, but it's along the lines of "this little white pill is going to make my headache go away? #Lolz #Witchery"

Effects of green tea and EGCG on cardiovascular and metabolic health. - PubMed - NCBI

Old 07-10-2016, 12:34 AM

579 posts, read 555,413 times
I have to advise you to be careful with green tea if you have any sort of thyroid issue..even if you don't have a thyroid issue, Green tea contains fluoride which can block thyroid hormone, and thyroid hormone controls metabolism. Low thyroid causes slow metabolism.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:41 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,413,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
Which Brand of Green Tea for Weight Loss?

Are there any brands in particular you thought were helpful for weight loss and/or tasted great?
Green tea is not a weight loss product. Its tea. Your weight loss will come from you eating right and working out. Now that that is out of the way, if you want to drink tea instead of crappy soda or something unhealthily similar, that is fine, but dont put in regular store bought honey.

My favorite green teas:

1. Natural mix I get from my chinese herbalist. If there is one in your area, I suggest asking them for their recommendation.

2. Mighty Leaf Organic Green Dragon tea.

3. Medium Long Jing tea. Expensive but its probably the best stuff out there.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:59 AM

1 posts, read 985 times
Default Green Coffee.

Hey there!
I have a weird one for you!
how about Green coffee?

I was in the market for something natural that will help my digestion run smoother and my gym trainer offered me Green coffee extract.
check it out, because if your goal is to naturally boost your digestion and metabolism, it's an option i think you should consider. I obviously can only talk from my personal experience when i say this, but it helped me, hopefully it will for you as well.
[url=http://authorityreports.com/green-coffee/researchverified-green-coffee-review/]Research Verified Green Coffee Review - Does It Really Work? | by Authority Reports[/url]

Old 09-22-2016, 04:43 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindVieira090 View Post
Hey there!
I have a weird one for you!
how about Green coffee?

I was in the market for something natural that will help my digestion run smoother and my gym trainer offered me Green coffee extract.
check it out, because if your goal is to naturally boost your digestion and metabolism, it's an option i think you should consider. I obviously can only talk from my personal experience when i say this, but it helped me, hopefully it will for you as well.
Research Verified Green Coffee Review - Does It Really Work? | by Authority Reports

No, green tea and/or green coffee isn't going to cause you to lose weight.

If you need to lose weight, you need to modify your caloric intake. Tea, shakes, pills, potions and powders are just gimmicks and will only cause you to lose money, not weight.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:56 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,222,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I prefer lemon tea, chai tea, or black currant tea. Bigelow and Twinnings are my favorites.
Chai is another word for tea in many parts of the world. Question - what is Chai Tea? Is it tea
with spices or this?

Chai! - What is Chai?

Old 10-11-2016, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 902 times
I've taken and I'm having a great result.
Requirements for Weight Loss - Take a natural juice before bed
[url =http://lose-weightrunning.blogspot.com.br/2016/10/Juice-detoxing-to-loss-of-weight.html]How to lose weight and fat accumulated taking juice! - lose weight [/url]

Old 11-15-2016, 10:23 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,219,303 times
I use Chinese Gunpowder Green Tea. Specifically Temple of Heaven loose leaf from Amazon.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:32 AM

3 posts, read 2,836 times
Green tea is very much good for our health. The brand I use is Lipton and I love ginger, lemon and mint flavor. I didn't like the taste of green tea at first so I add a little honey to make it sweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss