Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 06:44 AM

2,740 posts, read 1,336,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
There is really no difference between white and whole wheat flour. It's all carbs.

I no longer eat sugar or flour. The weight falls off without eating those things.

I eat protein, fat, and green veggies. I struggle to eat 1200 calories a day, simply because the fat and protein are so satisfying that I am not hungry. No food cravings. It's wonderful!

For those of you who cut carbs, do you exercise? If so, how often do you exercise? What kind of exercise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 07:48 AM

4,977 posts, read 5,766,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraction View Post
For those of you who cut carbs, do you exercise? If so, how often do you exercise? What kind of exercise?
Yes, I do. I go on a minimum 5 mile walk every day (and I WALK, getting my heart rate up! I do not "stroll". This walk is maintained at about 3.8-4 mph - verified by MapMyWalk app, which gives me feedback, stopping only when my dog pees or poos and I have to pick it up). Sometimes I try to do interval walking, where I will walk 0.1 mile at an even faster pace, and then slow it back down. If the weather is cooler, I will stretch my walk to 7 miles, but the dog is pretty spent on those! Rinse and repeat every day. I also do arm workouts with free weights at home every other day.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:51 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,338,756 times
Significantly reduce sugar and replace it with fat and protein.

I'm at 12 days on this diet and I'm down 9.1lbs.

Friend of mine lost 110lbs from Jan to July of this year and his wife lost 100 in the same time.

Research "Ketogenic" dieting.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraction View Post
Monday through Friday. My daily intake is 30g of carbs a day, 130g of protein, 100g of fat

Here is my routine: http://ketogains.com/2015/09/ketogai...g-program-5x5/

Old 07-21-2016, 07:43 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Sorry this took so long to see this question!
Flour is flour...no flour.
Try it for awhile....or not.

I am not saying whole grain products are not good or healthy....just as sugar is not
unhealthy or bad....but, for short periods of time try not having these and see the results.
Quote:
OMG, same here...I get so much energy and nutrients from this way of eating...I can go
long periods without even thinking of food!
Thank you for you comment.
How do you do this without cooking everyday?

Old 07-22-2016, 07:32 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Stay away from anything made with flour...and you will see a huge change.
Pancakes, gravy,bread, pasta, pizza, tortillas, biscuits, scones, pizza..pastries.
I agree and stay away from those products.i got really motivated after reading the book "Wheat Belly"

Old 07-22-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
How do you do this without cooking everyday?
A couple of mornings a week I swing by a local deli that I've been going to since I was a kid. I get a sausage, egg, and cheese bowl.

For dinner, I could for example swing by a burger joint (like Red Robin YUMMM) and ask for a burger on a lettuce bun.

There's a local Thai joint that I like to get chicken or pork with mixed greens. I try to limit the tomatoes, but holy crap stir fry Thai is damn amazing.

If I can't figure out anything, I do a little Google researching. Here's a link for you

Keto and Fast Food: On the Go | Ruled Me

Old 07-22-2016, 10:54 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
A couple of mornings a week I swing by a local deli that I've been going to since I was a kid. I get a sausage, egg, and cheese bowl.

For dinner, I could for example swing by a burger joint (like Red Robin YUMMM) and ask for a burger on a lettuce bun.

There's a local Thai joint that I like to get chicken or pork with mixed greens. I try to limit the tomatoes, but holy crap stir fry Thai is damn amazing.

If I can't figure out anything, I do a little Google researching. Here's a link for you

Keto and Fast Food: On the Go | Ruled Me

Ok, but I still want to eat healthy. Sausage and burgers??

Old 07-22-2016, 11:03 AM

865 posts, read 1,488,515 times
I calorie count - I am down 40 lbs in last year. I also try to eat healthy. However, I do not buy into do not eat after 7pm crap! Not everyone can eat dinner at exactly 5pm...heck, I am still at work and have an hour and 15 minute commute in front of me at that point. Then again, its how much you eat, and when you eat is only an extension of that.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:23 AM

251 posts, read 168,864 times
Man made food = fat/poison,

I gave up grain and milk products in my early twenties 55 now
I eat mostly wild caught fish no fish from hatcheries (steroids, grain fed)
High In iodine, your thyroid will love you !
I do lots of organic greens, via a vitamix , very little fruit occasional grapefruits, lots of lemons
Nuts and seeds,

Study, study, study diet for health, Not diet to loose weight,
Be patient, gradually change your diet begain with no more grain, cut portion sizes

You must exercise ! Otherwise you will be thin but not toned

I am 55 and I am cut (muscular) and lean, I jog, mountain bike, lift weight,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss