Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 11:16 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Actually, I wasn't making assumptions, just meant that if you consumed those things, you'd find a big difference if you stopped consuming. I understood you said you were vegetarian but it sounds like that isn't working for you, hence me stating it didn't work for me. There is vegetarian to go/fast food where I live. I have found that it is too high in carbs - beans, wraps, sugar, etc.. And for someone with higher sugar counts, it's not the way to go. My point was that I think Dr. Furhman's gives a lot of good, foundational advice. His plan is closely vegetarian, he calls his plan Nutritarian. But for me, I needed to do less beans, and more lean meats to keep my sugar levels regulated. I was simply offering this in case it was of help to you.
OK, thanks.

Lol, I am in my late 50s, not someone who never before heard that I shouldn't have soft drinks or use bottled salad dressings. It's not a matter of vegetarianism "working" for me. I made a conscious decision not to eat animals anymore. I still do eat fish occasionally when it just makes more sense to do so.

But I will check out what he says based on yours and Ms. Mathlete's recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 12:28 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
I was suggesting that the OP look at his plan as it sounds like it would work for her. I used his plan to first change my foundation of eating - got rid of pre-made sauces, anything quick, instant, basically followed his list of foods to eat or not. But, what I found when I first went on it was that I was consuming more fruit than I had before and it impacted my sugar, as did the beans. So I cut back on the fruit, maintained the upped amount of veg - my fav is raw. The amount of nuts or nut butter I consume are within his plan.

You misread my bison burger info - I said I put it on butter lettuce - you know, the softer lettuce. I don't butter the letter, ugh! Bison is low fat, it's grass fed, and perfectly healthy. The peanut butter for the sauce in a 4 serving portion of Thai chicken is one of his recipes sans the chicken. I consume meat/cheese 2-3 times per week - per his plan. For people with higher sugar levels, he has modified his plan - this is why I was sharing this with the OP. Carbs should be counted if you have blood sugar issues, whether metabolic syndrome or type II diabetes. Ultimately, I feel he has a plan that works for most people.
Thank you for clarifying . I agree, that his plan does allow for wiggle room and customizing to meet individual needs. I found that I need/prefer to eat more grains than the basic guidelines recommend, so it does stand to reason that some might need more fat or protein and fewer carbs

Old 06-11-2017, 04:26 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,868,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Thank you for clarifying . I agree, that his plan does allow for wiggle room and customizing to meet individual needs. I found that I need/prefer to eat more grains than the basic guidelines recommend, so it does stand to reason that some might need more fat or protein and fewer carbs
Yep, that's the good about his plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss