Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:23 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried this diet? If so, how have the results been? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 12:32 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times
I haven't tried it (probably should) but I have read about it.

The suggested meal plans are set at 1600 Calories per day, and calls for a fairly healthy mixed diet, therefore anyone should lose weight if they do it to the letter!

But of course, you have to stay on the diet for life if you want to maintain your ideal weight and health.

Probably better to eat a little more and get some exercise to really tone the bits up that wobble...

Old 03-10-2008, 01:13 PM

791 posts, read 2,959,137 times
My Mom ordered it from Prevention which is the only place you can get it (pretty lame if you ask me) anyways she has been waiting over 2 weeks just to get it and it was really pricey for a book so hopefully it will be worth the wait and the money.

I also would love to hear from people that have already read it.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:36 PM

26 posts, read 152,044 times
With dieting I really think that as long as you eat reasonably healthy the real issue is excercise. Centuries ago people didn't eat diet this and fat free that, they actually worked everyday to take care of themselves so they stayed thin. Nowadays people pretty much starve themselves to stay thin because they sit around half the day and drive everywhere. It can be hard with modern life but if you want to stay in shape you need good excercise and not just a 10min walk in the evening or just 15min aerobics after work, you really need good excercise. Not that you have to run 5 miles a day, although that would be great but try long walks or bicycling a ways and alot of stretching or dancing to your favorite music/videos or long hikes in the woods, whatever you can do, swimming etc. Work your way up slowly and don't overdo it till you get used to it, alot of people start a workout routine from scratch, get sore and worn out and don't want to do it again so they get lazy. If you workout more it will slowly speed up your matabolism and you can and should eat more as you excercise more. When you restrict your calories too much it slows your matabolism and makes it harder to lose weight which is just the opposite of what you want.

I'm probably moving to Eugene, Oregon in a year or so and plan on regular jogging 3-5 miles through trails in the woods since running/jogging on streets can be hard on the joints because of the hard cement. I'm 31yrs old and 141lbs at 5'10" btw.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:43 AM

5 posts, read 7,746 times
To have a flat belly you have to keep energetic balance in your food. Scientist discovered that if you have that balance, your body will burn more fat and built your muscles. Energetic balance is nothing more then a difference between what you deliver into your organism and calories you burn. If you eat second breakfast that has energetic value equal to 600 calories and after that you will burn 100 calories, your energetic balance will be equal to 500. The perfect value is 300-500 calories. If you eat 3 big meals a day and you don't move that much at all this value will be too big. It's not good because people with big energetic value have the biggest problems with weight.

Last edited by tao; 10-22-2009 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: spam removed

Old 10-21-2009, 06:25 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alien79 View Post
To have a flat belly you have to keep energetic balance in your food. Scientist discovered that if you have that balance, your body will burn more fat and built your muscles. Energetic balance is nothing more then a difference between what you deliver into your organism and calories you burn. If you eat second breakfast that has energetic value equal to 600 calories and after that you will burn 100 calories, your energetic balance will be equal to 500. The perfect value is 300-500 calories. If you eat 3 big meals a day and you don't move that much at all this value will be too big. It's not good because people with big energetic value have the biggest problems with weight.
That was interesting. I would like to lose some belly fat, so maybe I'll try some of the tips.

Last edited by tao; 10-22-2009 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: spam removed from quote

Old 10-21-2009, 07:39 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
Looks basically sound but it says not to eat legumes - well when you get used to legumes you don't get the gas and theyare full of soluble fiber which is very good for cholesterol.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:25 AM

127 posts, read 364,743 times
There is no diet for losing belly fat, you can't target a certain area of your body to lose fat from! The only thing that's going to help is diet and stomach exercises to strengthen the stomach muscles so they start to show through the stomach fat.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:31 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,014,438 times
I agree. Every person's body is genetically pre -programed as to how it carries extra weight. You cannot target a particular part of the anatomy with diet. Overall balanced eating and exercise will trim the body down usually in the reverse order that the pounds went on in the first place.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:33 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,648,036 times
I have read some info about it on the prevention website. it is using monounstatuated fats and eliminating foods that cause gas..those things make you belly puffy. I also think it has something to do with the glycemic index.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss