Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 05:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Ok I’ll admit...I haven’t eaten a Cinnabon in a loooong time or anything from the Cheesecake Factory. I have gift cards that remain unused. The caloric payload is out of this world and I have yet to crave these things enough to overcome the massive amount of calories. For 1200 calories or more Id want more than a damn cinnamon bun or cheesecake.
You are not kidding.

I ate a little of an ice cream sundae yesterday when I took my mom out for lunch. Not only did it make me feel super tired after my sugar rush, I had eaten so many empty calories that I could only eat a tiny amount of supper, which was depressing. Totally not worth it. And it was so incredibly sweet - I didn't even enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 09:34 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You are not kidding.

I ate a little of an ice cream sundae yesterday when I took my mom out for lunch. Not only did it make me feel super tired after my sugar rush, I had eaten so many empty calories that I could only eat a tiny amount of supper, which was depressing. Totally not worth it. And it was so incredibly sweet - I didn't even enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would.
I get that reaction too from the big high calorie desserts. I think that's what happens when you train your body to eat healthier food...things like excessive sugar, fat and salt really get to you.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
I get that reaction too from the big high calorie desserts. I think that's what happens when you train your body to eat healthier food...things like excessive sugar, fat and salt really get to you.
Girl, it wiped me out for the day, and I only had about 1/4 of the dessert, which was of course huge so that's not really saying much positive.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Girl, it wiped me out for the day, and I only had about 1/4 of the dessert, which was of course huge so that's not really saying much positive.
Me too. Interestingly, a large cookie (provided I stick to one or two) doesn't do that, just those huge concoctions.

I also have pretty bad reactions to greasy restaurant stuff too. I don't eat out that much for a reason..I just can't handle that stuff anymore.

One of the things I loved about cruises was the all you can eat food but I don't know...my body reacts in horrible ways (bloating, gastro distress, etc.) now. Guess a natural way to keep me in check..

Old 04-30-2018, 10:02 AM

9,854 posts, read 7,724,981 times
Quote:
You are not kidding.

OMG, I also had some ice cream yesterday, plus half of a bun (not good with breads) while we were traveling yesterday. I knew I would probably pay for it. It didn't even taste very good like I remembered it years ago. Last night I woke up with severe stomach cramps and threw up for hours.

I need to read my own posts. I CAN'T eat certain things, I CAN'T have cheat days. That was horrible.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:38 AM

Your body adapts over time. If I started regularly eating crap, over time my body would adapt to such a diet. If you cut out meat, your body reacts if suddenly given meat. the hardest part of any diet plan is that adaptation period.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:04 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,686 times
ice cream...at least there is red velvet halo ice cream!

Old 05-06-2018, 07:37 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,084,440 times
I am a FAT CAT. I am 5 11 and weighed 222 pounds, most if it in a basketball sized abdomen
I went on 30/30 a month ago and now weigh 210 I work out at the gym walk daily, and eat no bread, rice, sugar or boxed foods.

So what do I miss?
Yesterday my son and I went into TARGET and right there, not 20 feet from the front door, some old lady was handing out plates of bakery cake, I mean this looked good. Cut into perfect squares, sprinkles on the icing. Target was trying to push for people to buy their graduation cakes there. I saw it and said "OOooooh Cake!" Just as my hand got bout six inches away from the table , my son grabbed my hand and pulled me away saying "No dad it is not on your diet" \BUT of course, he went on and ate one in front of me.

The whole rest of the day I was not able to get that smell and vision and craving of cake out of my brain. I ate watermelon, a LARABAR, and RX BAR and even a banana, all to no effect. I went to bed dreaming of cake.

Today, this morning, the craving so far is gone.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I am a FAT CAT. I am 5 11 and weighed 222 pounds, most if it in a basketball sized abdomen
I went on 30/30 a month ago and now weigh 210 I work out at the gym walk daily, and eat no bread, rice, sugar or boxed foods.

So what do I miss?
Yesterday my son and I went into TARGET and right there, not 20 feet from the front door, some old lady was handing out plates of bakery cake, I mean this looked good. Cut into perfect squares, sprinkles on the icing. Target was trying to push for people to buy their graduation cakes there. I saw it and said "OOooooh Cake!" Just as my hand got bout six inches away from the table , my son grabbed my hand and pulled me away saying "No dad it is not on your diet" \BUT of course, he went on and ate one in front of me.

The whole rest of the day I was not able to get that smell and vision and craving of cake out of my brain. I ate watermelon, a LARABAR, and RX BAR and even a banana, all to no effect. I went to bed dreaming of cake.

Today, this morning, the craving so far is gone.
That's the thing, you denied yourself a small square of cake and then the cravings/obsession began. If you had just eaten that one little square of cake (which probably no more than 50-60 calories and you could skip the icing), you would not have developed an obsession over it.

Hence why I strongly belief denial/deprivation doesn't work in the long run at all. You aren't modifying the behavior that got you overweight in the first place, you are just eliminating. Which works for some, and not for others, ten, twenty years down the road when the going gets tough. The takeaway of any diet should be portion control and learning to eat mostly any food in moderation.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:23 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Ok I’ll admit...I haven’t eaten a Cinnabon in a loooong time or anything from the Cheesecake Factory. I have gift cards that remain unused. The caloric payload is out of this world and I have yet to crave these things enough to overcome the massive amount of calories. For 1200 calories or more Id want more than a damn cinnamon bun or cheesecake.
In defense of cheesecake factory..... they have a "skinny menu" and they have a veggie salad I LOVE - but can only eat half of it, AND they have sugar free cheese cake which is decent.

I used to live on Cinnabon in high school, and that probably the last time I had one.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss