Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 11:36 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times

Advertisements

Well I went in my closet to find something to wear for tomorrow. I saw a pair of jeans I hadn't worn in a while. I tried them on with my shirt to see if the proportions were right. Well the waist was too big. So much so I could just pull them down withlut unbuttoning.* Guess it is time to retire that pair.

*To be fair, these were cut with juniors sizes in mind so they never fit well in the waist for me. But they also did not fit at a point earlier this year - giving me muffin top. Now they just do not stay at the right place on my waist.

I picked out a different outfit, and I realize this skirt may not be available to me in the future. A baggy pencil skirt doesnt look cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 10:31 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Congratulations on the weight loss and future shopping trips!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-21-2017, 11:09 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
Way to go Jade and James.

Jade, be prepared to spend a lot of money on clothing now. I had to redo my entire wardrobe for multiple seasons and it was very expensive. Between the transitional size clothes and my current weight clothes. that's incentive for me to not gain a lot again.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:56 PM

1,195 posts, read 985,045 times
I ended a fast of 39 hours yesterday. I walked for an hour during that fast and even did yard work and house cleaning. The only thing i consumed was my daily vitamins and water with half a spoon of salt (dropped in large 2 liter bottle of water). I heard the salt helps with mineral deficiency when water all u have during this fast. I lost between 1 and 3 pounds in 39 hours. I plan to repeat this once a week, on top of my diet of 1200 calories per day.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
This is the point I'm at now. I'm someone who loves to set, work for, and achieve goals. I like being locked on something and pursuing it. Weight loss is no exception. I've reached several goals (my first being 170 lbs, then 160 lbs, then 150 #). I decided to set a new one, 149 lbs. I am now 148. But this is the situation that I'm faced with, I only have a "loser's" mentality. Stabilization/maintenance is another thing. I'm actually afraid to eat more, but truth is I don't need to lose more. Sure, I like being in the 140s, but I don't need to set any more goals. I can be 160, and still look great because I work out. It's hard for me to transition from losing to maintaining. I also want to put on muscle but that will involve me having to eat more food. As you can see, weight loss is more than just a physical thing, it's mental
Learn to pack quality calories in a small package. Eat less. Smaller people arent suppose to eat as much.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:54 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,500,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
I ended a fast of 39 hours yesterday. I walked for an hour during that fast and even did yard work and house cleaning. The only thing i consumed was my daily vitamins and water with half a spoon of salt (dropped in large 2 liter bottle of water). I heard the salt helps with mineral deficiency when water all u have during this fast. I lost between 1 and 3 pounds in 39 hours. I plan to repeat this once a week, on top of my diet of 1200 calories per day.
The salt will help to prevent cramping. If this is something you plan on doing for a while, you may want to look into getting some electrolytes.

When I've done extended water fasts, I used these: https://www.amazon.com/ZYM-Endurance....5g%29+tablets

Old 09-23-2017, 10:17 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
Learn to pack quality calories in a small package. Eat less. Smaller people arent suppose to eat as much.
Why would you advise me to eat LESS? I don't need to eat less than what I eat now. Why would I do that when I don't want or need to lose? Plus I burn over 1500 cals in a week and I lift. That requires fuel. I can comfortably eat 2200 calories daily but I'm too scared to because all I'm used to is eating at a deficit. Let me reiterate I don't need to eat less.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:24 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,500,225 times
Quote:
Why would you advise me to eat LESS? I don't need to eat less than what I eat now. Why would I do that when I don't want or need to lose? Plus I burn over 1500 cals in a week and I lift. That requires fuel. I can comfortably eat 2200 calories daily but I'm too scared to because all I'm used to is eating at a deficit. Let me reiterate I don't need to eat less.
I think that poster meant to eat less than your old diet prior to losing weight. One of the biggest reasons people regain weight is because they haven't accepted that fact that there is no going back to their former level of calories. Smaller bodies need less fuel in general. You can increase some so as to eliminate the deficit but you can't go back to the level of calories for your pre-weight loss body.

Also, are you planning on doing a weightlifting or figure/bikini competition? If not, then I think you can gain a healthy amount of muscle (for a regular person) without doing all of the "extra muscle building" eating. Since my weight loss (down 150 lbs.), I've looked into this and I don't plan on doing the whole weightlifter type of increased calories. I don't need it.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I'm still dieting/losing weight but I have started thinking about the very same issue... how will I smoothly transition into a new regular way of eating in a way that I maintain my weight? I guess just stay at 2,200 but make sure your life is active. Of those 2,200 I think 20-30% should be protein....... So that means 660 protein calories, the formula is to multiply protein grams by 4....... U need a solid 100 grams of protein per day to keep your fat burning muscle mass. If not then you may want to reduce the 2,200 down from 1,800-2,000 of quality calories. Whole grain carbs and more natural fats, real veggies, milk, peanut butter etc.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
The salt will help to prevent cramping. If this is something you plan on doing for a while, you may want to look into getting some electrolytes.

When I've done extended water fasts, I used these: https://www.amazon.com/ZYM-Endurance....5g%29+tablets
Thanks. I think cramping has been a problem during fasts. I will try to keep them no more than 24 hours long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss