Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:51 AM

378 posts, read 1,063,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybee View Post
WATCH OUT NOT TO BECOME DIABETIC. SODA DIET OR NOT HAS SUGAR CONTENT. LADYBEE
Diet soda DOES NOT have sugar content and you can drink all you want and it will not cause you to gain one ounce- there are zero calories. You CANNOT BECOME a diabetic from drinking regular soda either. You CAN gain weight from drinking surgary soda and become obese and become a diabetic due to the obesity but you cannot BECOME a diabetic from ingesting sugary food alone until you develop the metabolic syndrome from your bad habits. It is thought that the increased body mass from getting fat overloads the pancreas's ability to make enough insulin for the unnatural body mass and burns out the organ- thus Type II diabetes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 07:07 AM

127 posts, read 364,831 times
Avoid 'diet' food. Things like diet soda, sugar free pudding, low fat peanut butter (what a laugh), etc. It's terrible for you and doesn't help your health at all. Just try to drink mostly water and eat as many vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and beans as you can. And if you want a cookie, eat a cookie or two (but don't binge). Don't focus on what shouldn't be eating, focus on what you should.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:16 PM

9,631 posts, read 820,501 times
I think oatmeal is good, without bread.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:38 PM

3 posts, read 3,383 times
I found cutting out alcohol was one of the biggest factors in starting to really lose weight. It was hard at first in social situations, but now it doesn't bother me at all. I'll still have the occasional glass of wine at, say, a wedding, but that's about all. I used to have a drink most evenings, so I knew I had to reduce it some to cut the calories, and it was easier just to do without it rather than cutting down a bit and asking myself every evening whether I really wanted a drink (the answer was usually yes). Sometimes it's easier to give something up rather than do it in severe moderation.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:00 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca63 View Post
I found cutting out alcohol was one of the biggest factors in starting to really lose weight. It was hard at first in social situations, but now it doesn't bother me at all. I'll still have the occasional glass of wine at, say, a wedding, but that's about all. I used to have a drink most evenings, so I knew I had to reduce it some to cut the calories, and it was easier just to do without it rather than cutting down a bit and asking myself every evening whether I really wanted a drink (the answer was usually yes). Sometimes it's easier to give something up rather than do it in severe moderation.
I completely agree. A lot of people drink their calories and do not give any thought to the caloric content of alcoholic beverages, which can actually be pretty high. Also if you are in a bar that serves food, after a few beers you may think a plate of buffalo wings or potato skins is a good idea. Double whammy!

I am an extremely light drinker. I cannot hold my liquor, never have been able to, so I rarely drink when I'm out with friends. Nobody cares and hardly anybody even notices. Some bartenders sometimes roll their eyes when I ask for iced tea or coffee, but the ones that know me know that I give a pretty big tip for brewing a pot of coffee for lil' ol' me (we're talking close to 100%) so the ones who know me start the pot as soon as I walk in the door. Black coffee has 0 calories.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:05 PM

857 posts, read 1,423,495 times
1) Replace all your drinks with water. If you need caffeine in the morning try black tea (less caffeine then coffee = better for you)

2) Drink as much water as you can. The best gage I have heard is to drink half your weight in ounces, so if you are 180 lbs drink 90 oz of water a day. Yes I do mean A DAY. Seems ridiculous at first and you'll be going to the bathroom like you're getting paid for it but soon your body gets used to it and you find you have a lot more energy.

3) And obviously you have to exercise and eat right but the "x-factor" to losing weight is drinking water.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:45 AM

628 posts, read 2,070,827 times
Nature's original diet food is fruits and vegetables. Don't buy into marketing for "low fat" processed food. If a majority of your diet (95%) is fruits, vegetables, legumes and whole grains you will lose weight. It is just that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss