Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2018, 04:31 AM

2,291 posts, read 1,511,895 times

Advertisements

Low carb. I did not think I would get used to it but I am. worst thing is trying to find something to eat on a lunch menu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 09:25 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,258,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I consider every day to be a small victory. Congrats OP.
Thanks. It is not easy. Today I had to fast for a blood test, and I really didn't have any problem fasting, but it was when I decided to eat that I began to get hungry. Weird, huh? So I ate more than I would usually ate these days because I decided I was hungry. (Oh well.) I hope I go back to less food tomorrow. I know that soon I will have to count calories and measure out food.
I was hoping to see a big reduction in weight for only about 4-5 days eating less, but unfortunately I did not see a big reduction. I'll keep going, however. Thanks for all your lovely encouragement!!

Old 03-01-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Low carb. I did not think I would get used to it but I am. worst thing is trying to find something to eat on a lunch menu.
When I start dieting, I sound like an expert. However, I like certain types of salad dressings better than others. I am also going to try to make my own ranch low-fat dressing and hope I like it. But I figure when I go out I will try to get a big salad and put low-fat dressing on it, then eat something small like a burger w/o the bun.
Someone taught me this, and it works (when I do it), it is to buy a Wendy's side salad (they make the best in the industry), and I order a small burger w all the fixings but no bun. The last burger (the small one) I bought came with pickles on the top and mustard and a slice of onion. It was delicious! No bun. That, with the small garden salad, was all I needed to feel satisfied. But boy, this is a slow process.
Well, tonight I ate more than usual, and although I am full, fortunately I don't have pretzels around to chomp on, and so even though the thought is tempting, I must desist from eating more. This is not easy.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:44 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,891 times
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ittent-fasting

Old 03-03-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Look into Intermittent Fasting (IF). It has many advantages. I am currently eating during an 8 hour period and fasting for 16 hours each day. Lots of information is available.
I'll look for the information. How long have you been doing this, and how is it going for you?

Old 03-10-2018, 04:55 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,469,203 times
What did I do to lose weight? And then keep it off?

I work out consistently, four days per week. 1.5 hours (maybe 2) per day. Cardio and strength. I lift things up four times per week. I make healthy food choices most of the time. And I treat myself once a week to a cheat DAY, where I eat whatever I want (pizza, greasy cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings, cookies, cake, WHATEVER).

I reached my weight loss goal over a year ago. I gone on to lose an additional 10-15 lbs. I can't believe it's been that long since I was obese. I've been maintaining now, doing what I've always done.

I didn't start out strong, my heart was weak too. All of this took time.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:59 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
So many people overeat, but are nutritionally starving. We eat processed junk and are consuming too much sugar. The key is giving your body what it needs. It's addicted and you have to break the cycle. Start adding in a lot more green veggies, seeds, nuts and quality animals fats. Once your body starts getting what it needs you find you "want" less of the other stuff.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:15 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,813,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
So many people overeat, but are nutritionally starving. We eat processed junk and are consuming too much sugar. The key is giving your body what it needs. It's addicted and you have to break the cycle. Start adding in a lot more green veggies, seeds, nuts and quality animals fats. Once your body starts getting what it needs you find you "want" less of the other stuff.
Curious that you would call animal fats healthy. Mono saturated fats are healthy. Olive oil, avocado, nuts, sesame oil, etc...

Old 03-13-2018, 07:01 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Curious that you would call animal fats healthy. Mono saturated fats are healthy. Olive oil, avocado, nuts, sesame oil, etc...
Eating or not eating meat is up to that person, which is why it's included.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:27 PM

5 posts, read 4,304 times
I had this problem before. I found myself regaining weight when I got lazy and ignored the scale..

However, now I always stick to mindful eating and drink lots of green tea. Somehow I find hot drinks curb my appetite. Above all, I keep active lifestyle of going to gym and also go out socializing. This is just my tricks to keep me on track and it is working great

Please share yours, I would like to get extra tricks anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss