Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 09:23 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,356,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
When first trying to kick the sugar/high carb habit, you will get some cravings for those foods so it will involve some form of will power. After a couple or three days the cravings should disappear. The key here is consistency. If you cheat more than you should, then guess what?

100g a day is not really low carb. It is less carbs than the SAD. True keto/lc diets are 20 to 50g per day.

Meats, fat and cheese equal almost 0 carbs. What else does he eat to get close to the 100g?

The easiest way to overcome cravings

average daily carb intake for a man is 325 grams. Cutting back to 100 carbs/day is a 66% drop in daily intake. Sounds low carb to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 09:28 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,356,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humpee View Post
There are many reasons why you might want to lose weight. If you have been significantly overweight or obese for a long time, then you might have concerns about what the extra weight could be doing to your health.

Obesity increases your risk of many health problems, including diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, gallbladder disease, and some types of cancer.

If you have recently gained a bit of weight, then you might just want to lose some weight to fit back into your old jeans. Whatever your reason for wanting to lose weight, there are some important strategies that you should know about.

Start doing basic aerobic and cardio exercise
Take an aerobics class
Get into strength training
Eat cereal for breakfast
Drink at least 2 liters (0.53 US gal) of water each day
Cut the salt from your diet
Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables

I also would recommend this product to you because it really help me alot to lose weight in two weeks

[mod cut - spam]

I've read plenty of articles. Exercise is NOT essential for weight loss! Half gallon of water, two quarters, four pints. I doubt most people will go that far for only water. I think some water with some other low sugar drinks is a reasonable substitute.

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 10-24-2018 at 08:41 AM..

Old 10-21-2018, 11:45 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
I've read plenty of articles. Exercise is NOT essential for weight loss! Half gallon of water, two quarters, four pints. I doubt most people will go that far for only water. I think some water with some other low sugar drinks is a reasonable substitute.
Not its not, but it does help. It also is just about the best thing you can do for your body so it goes hand in hand with a better diet.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:01 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,473,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
average daily carb intake for a man is 325 grams. Cutting back to 100 carbs/day is a 66% drop in daily intake. Sounds low carb to me!
Average?

Recommended is a better term but in reality, it is all relative. The "recommended" of 225 to 325 is too high, to begin with, and the problem is even worse if you consume bad carbs like refined white flour and sugar. It's recommended to get 45 to 65% of your calories from carbs. Guess what? It isn't working. Many people are fat, just take a look around in any public place here in the US. That, and the frequency of eating is what's causing this.

So yes you are correct, in comparison, 100g is a lot better than the recommended but not a true "low carb" diet. You would lose weight but at a slower rate.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:21 PM

1 posts, read 539 times
Hey Cindi! I totally agree. It’s very tough trying to figure out what works best for your body. Once you figure it out your good. It took me 33 years of my life to figure out what I should and shouldn’t be eating. I love food so I’m definitely not gonna starve myself with these crazy diets. I was able to find some tips online that help me gain control and finally lose the weight that I’ve been struggling to get off. I will drop the website link below if you would like some tips on what to eat and how you can loose weight and keep it off. Hang in there!

Old 10-24-2018, 06:50 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Get gallstones and then get your gallbladder out. Truthfully, I’ve lost the same 25 lbs. many times in my life with diets, but now, as a result of the whole gallbladder thing, I can eat very little at a time before I feel full.

I’d like to say I have super human willpower, but really, my body just started telling me it doesn’t want a lot of food. Now I find I can eat anything I want, because I only want a little.

Also, I only drink water or unsweetened drinks. Whole fruits are fine, but never fruit juices.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 1,424 times
Just from my own experience balancing a variety of foods into my diet. What i mean is adding different colors of foods like bell peppers of varies colors, grapes, even carrots. Its not just directed at fruits and veggies, it can be anything. All about choices.

Old 10-31-2018, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 452 times
Everyday I wake up early in morning. Go to outside of the home and walk for 15-20 minutes. I drink safe water regularly and eat some fresh fruits and veggies at the breakfast. At the lunch I eat at small plate and one third to my belly size. I always follow my meal plan for lunch and dinner, and sleep well at night.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:34 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Be faithful in Limiting Carbs.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:47 PM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Average?

Recommended is a better term but in reality, it is all relative. The "recommended" of 225 to 325 is too high, to begin with, and the problem is even worse if you consume bad carbs like refined white flour and sugar. It's recommended to get 45 to 65% of your calories from carbs. Guess what? It isn't working. Many people are fat, just take a look around in any public place here in the US. That, and the frequency of eating is what's causing this.

So yes you are correct, in comparison, 100g is a lot better than the recommended but not a true "low carb" diet. You would lose weight but at a slower rate.
45 to 65% is fine. Just don't eat the extra 500 calories a day more than you need. Whether or not you lose less, more or none on 100 or 50 grams just depends what you replace the carb calories with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss