Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 08:40 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,336,268 times

Advertisements

Very interesting reads to the both of you.

I didn't realize that stevia has been around that long.
I also didn't know there were that many types of raw sugars.

I will have to revisit looking at stevia but can't promise I will jump on its bandwagon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 07:25 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,346,558 times
Is 16/8 the magic combo? The best to work? also, can you have just plain tea, no sweetener, cream etc?

Old 03-25-2018, 09:00 AM

16/8 is the minimum for it to work. Also the easiest to do.

Plain tea is perfect.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:00 AM

7,235 posts, read 4,544,652 times
Here is a new study that says calorie restriction leads to increased life span due to metabolism suppression. IF probably has a similar effect as you don't use the metabolism as much. Just once a day.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0322141008.htm

Old 03-25-2018, 09:21 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,346,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
16/8 is the minimum for it to work. Also the easiest to do.

Plain tea is perfect.

Ok, thanks. I'm interested in doing this. Also... is this an everyday thing for most people who do this or is it a several day a week. I can see how one could do it everyday but just wondering.

Thanks.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:22 AM

Because I am in active chemo for metastatic cancer, I have to be careful of losing too much weight. I only do this a few times each week.

My son did very well with only doing it on the weekdays. He also worked out and became a healthier eater. He lost 30lbs. His wife lost 20lbs.

I think my cancer was a wake up call for him. Not so much the initial cancer 3 years ago but this current one. He wants to be around for his three kids for a loooong time.

I'm very proud of his accomplishments.

Oh, he also quit alcohol during the week and only allows himself to have any alcoholic beverages on Friday and Saturday's.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:47 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,013,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I am going to try this particular method of Fasting! In fact, I'm kind of excited to try it!

I'm a 59 year old male, and I've lost over 20lbs since Christmas. Mostly by 99% giving up drinking sugary pop and Koolaid, drinking water instead, and just eating a little bit less, with a few salads thrown in here and there. Also, I've increased walking everyday, but I have some spinal issues and can't do much more than very low impact exercise like that. My weight has been more or less "stuck" for a couple weeks at a plateau, and I want to break it. I think this method just might be the thing to do it!
Well, I've been doing the 16/8 method since the night I posted the above on 3/17, and it finally broke my "stuck weight" of 207lbs I was at for over a month. I am now down to 204lbs as of this morning.

Since I previously already got rid of my sugar cravings since the end of the year, doing the IF method has been very easy so far. I don't have any real cravings for any particular food, and there's been no real crashes forcing me to have to eat, or binge eat.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Well, I've been doing the 16/8 method since the night I posted the above on 3/17, and it finally broke my "stuck weight" of 207lbs I was at for over a month. I am now down to 204lbs as of this morning.

Since I previously already got rid of my sugar cravings since the end of the year, doing the IF method has been very easy so far. I don't have any real cravings for any particular food, and there's been no real crashes forcing me to have to eat, or binge eat.
That's the beauty of intermittent fasting. You really don't get that hungry.

Congrats on breaking that plateau!

Old 03-31-2018, 10:01 AM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
I have my last meal finished by 5pm, then I don't eat until 7 to 9 am the next morning. Not really an intermittent fast in my book, but I sleep better on an empty stomach and my reflux is rarely a problem. Also, another benefit is by the time breakfast rolls-around, I am good and ready to eat.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:30 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
I'm doing the 16/8 fast and put on weight. I'm not binge eating during the 8 hours, or eating anything different. I'm trying it for two weeks to see what happens.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss