Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 12:59 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Well I don’t follow a low carb high fat diet and my numbers are all great. My total cholesterol is 126, glucose is 85, good cholesterol is great too. A1c is 5.3. I eat every 2-3 hours too. Rarely get sick but I attribute that to a combination of diet and exercise. I take blood pressure meds because I am hypertensive (extra weight didn’t help my congenital problem) but my arthritis pain has largely gone away when the lbs came off.

The best diet is the one that you can live with and follow for life.
That is great You must be one of the lucky ones. So much depends on body chemistry and, in a small part, what you inherited. Sort of like why some people develop asthma while others don't, or become hyper or hypo thyroid or suffer with eczema or psoriasis, Etc. Things like that. Really, that's a lot to be grateful for. You've done well. Keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 02:41 PM

5,195 posts, read 1,870,058 times
No diets for me, except the "eat all I want" diet. I am eating what I want because I enjoy it, but I have gained 12.4lbs in the last 20 days! Wow. Sucks in a way but I don't like having to restrict myself. I am getting fatter so fast I might actually gain 100lbs within a year. Already getting wobbly blobs of fat on my belly and hips, that wasn't there 3 weeks ago!

Old 02-21-2019, 06:54 AM

3,688 posts, read 2,409,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
News program this morning listed the most popular diets for the new year, include ketogenic, Intermittent Fasting and vegan. Vegan is really as much a life philosophy as a diet. Article:

The year of the vegan
Where millennials lead, businesses and governments will follow
John Parker, correspondent "The Economist"
https://worldin2019.economist.com/th...JkjDbmJ-jr2ymQ
I understand everyone is different.

But, vegan 100% of the time wore me down.

But I did it for a few months for a health reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss