Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2019, 01:59 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,014,869 times

Advertisements

That is good news Eaton - good luck with your experiment!

Wishing you luck as well Meta!

17 hour fast yesterday. I could have made 18 hours, but wouldn't have been able to eat given how my day panned out. So I broke at 17. Good day overall!

Should be another 17 hour fast today - brunch with the family!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 12:42 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times
OK... I gained about 8 lbs for this thing. Weigh 182 and my suit fits really well. Success!
It's easier and cheaper to lose a few pounds than it is get a suit refitted.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:17 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I've found that sky's the limit once I get past Day 1.
Ususally once I wake up on Day 2, I'm not hungry at all.
I'm coming up on 48 hours and I haven't been hungry at all. Hopefully, tomorrow will go as smooth as these last two days.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:45 AM

^ Impressive Meta!

I cannot do longer fasts. Granted I've never tried, but I don't think it would be a good fit for me. The most I'll do is 24 hours, and that's for an occasional OMAD. (usually a restaurant meal that will take all of my daily calorie allotment)

17 hour fast yesterday. Had brunch with family and then took them to buy macaroons - my mom and aunt left their cookies in my car and told me to just give them to my husband. I dropped them off with the kids instead. Good thing, the two cookies I bought of my husband are still sitting on the counter....

Running this morning - outside, in nature, where there are hills!

Old 06-09-2019, 06:29 AM

I have a post-wedding brunch today and then it's time to drop the suit-weight.

Big fast starts around noon-ish and will continue for awhile.
It'll be at least few days long. The goal will be to eat once at most during the week.
If all goes well, I may not have anything but a lot of water... and no insulin.

These fasts flush out the plumbing as well, so any excess that's being held there will be going out this week.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:25 AM

1,199 posts, read 723,984 times
I'm trying to eat one meal a day to save money. It's hard work but I can definitely do it. I wish I had started this at an earlier age so I could've saved my parents money. Skinny little kids are the best.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:52 AM

It does save money.

Cutting back on insulin saves quite a lot of money as well.
The cutback is an even bigger deal now that insulin has turned into yet another drug company screwjob.
I have enough in my fridge today to last for quite some time.

They had potatoes, muffins, donuts and pastries at the brunch... I walked right past them to the eggs, bacon and sausage.
After a nice nearly zero carb breakfast, it's fasting time!
I weighed 182.9 this morning. I expect the weight to fall off quickly.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:19 PM

1,199 posts, read 723,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
It does save money.

Cutting back on insulin saves quite a lot of money as well.
The cutback is an even bigger deal now that insulin has turned into yet another drug company screwjob.
I have enough in my fridge today to last for quite some time.

They had potatoes, muffins, donuts and pastries at the brunch... I walked right past them to the eggs, bacon and sausage.
After a nice nearly zero carb breakfast, it's fasting time!
I weighed 182.9 this morning. I expect the weight to fall off quickly.
Nice I heard that diabetes is controllable with a zero carb diet.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
Nice I heard that diabetes is controllable with a zero carb diet.
To a certain extent.
It runs in my family... there may be a genetic factor that you have no control over.
But that doesn't mean that the damage can't be minimized.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:14 PM

I agree on the saving money. I don't generally do OMAD, but with simplifying and doing 18 hour fasts, my grocery bill is way down this past year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss