Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2019, 12:53 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,255,993 times

Advertisements

Just about to get something to eat, so here's the tale of the tape...

166 hrs, 10.3 lbs lost. Not a drop of insulin for a week and my blood sugars have been stable the whole time.
Even after all that, I have a lot of energy today... went to work and have been running around since.
I'll gain a few back the next couple of days, but I'll go back to my normal routine and lose it by next Saturday.

No free day this weekend, next one isn't until July 4th. Should reach goal weight soon after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 02:17 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Just about to get something to eat, so here's the tale of the tape...

166 hrs, 10.3 lbs lost. Not a drop of insulin for a week and my blood sugars have been stable the whole time.
Even after all that, I have a lot of energy today... went to work and have been running around since.
I'll gain a few back the next couple of days, but I'll go back to my normal routine and lose it by next Saturday.

No free day this weekend, next one isn't until July 4th. Should reach goal weight soon after that.
Wow, cool. You have accomplished so much!!

I'm breaking my fast tomorrow morning and (re-)starting the Sunday/Tuesday/Friday OMAD. No obligations that should throw me off course. The three day stretch between Tuesday and Friday is the hardest part.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Wow, cool. You have accomplished so much!!

I'm breaking my fast tomorrow morning and (re-)starting the Sunday/Tuesday/Friday OMAD. No obligations that should throw me off course. The three day stretch between Tuesday and Friday is the hardest part.
Great news that you're getting back on track.
Hope you're feeling better.

Old 06-16-2019, 04:08 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,016,445 times
16 hour fast yesterday. Two Father's Day celebrations with both dads - it was a pretty good day!

Should get at least 18 hours today. It's raining, so I'm cleaning the house and I'll also hit the treadmill for some hills this morning.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:56 AM

Back to OMAD today.
I have some ham steaks to grill tonight.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:28 AM

I'm back to my regular routine now... getting Cheap Chicken tonight.
Even though I'm getting close to my goal weight, I expect these last 8 lbs to be slow going.

But a little here and a little there, steady as she goes.
My goal now is to get to around 170.X by the time I go to the Cubs game on July 17.
That's 4 weeks to lose a couple of pounds, should be doable.

My birthday is in late October, goal reached by then. Got plenty of time.

Old 06-17-2019, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
Well done Eaton! You are an inspiration - for your IF routine, you weight loss, and your management of your diabetes!

20 hour fast yesterday. I started cleaning the house and also put in 4 miles of power walking with hills on the treadmill. A very good day!

I have decided to not feed the trolls - there are a couple of people on some other threads who are constantly negative and nit picky. I will not read their posts, nor respond to them....
Thanks, Lucy! 4 miles is a good long walk.
Just keep doing what you're doing. It's working for you.

I went back to the beginning of this long thread. Wow, that was 25 lbs and several pant sizes ago!

Old 06-18-2019, 02:00 AM

18 hour fast yesterday - a really good day! My weight is holding steady, my eating habits are normalizing, and my body seems quite happy with me.

A wonky day for me today, plus it's raining. Could be a recipe for disaster. Or could be a day to simply challenge my will power!

Old 06-18-2019, 03:21 AM

For once it's not raining here!

I'm back on my regular weekly Cheap Chicken OMAD routine after my ham steak OMAD on Sunday.
Those ham steaks were good. I've got some more, so I think I'll do a repeat this weekend.

Good news on the scale this morning... I only gained back 2 lbs since I ended my long fast on Saturday.
Record lows are likely to fall again this weekend.

Old 06-19-2019, 03:55 AM

16 hour fast yesterday, not enough sleep made it pretty tough. But my sleep is definitely improving - I'm getting 5-6 nights a week of very good sleep these days, as opposed to 5-6 nights a week of very bad sleep. I emailed my doctor yesterday just to follow up on my sleep and she says to keep doing what I'm doing, so yay for that!

Not sure what today will bring, but the weather is decent and I got lots of sleep last night. Looks like only a half day at work, so I'll probably run some errands to keep myself busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss