Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 02:21 PM

66 posts, read 47,370 times

Advertisements

I dont keep track but I should, might start since im trying to cut to between 20-15% body fat. Yesterday was 2pm-8pm, 18:6. Tonight might be from 5-6pm to 10-11pm since its Friday and my friends stay up late on the west coast and even midnight for me isnt that late for them. I wasnt keeping track because I knew it was always under an 8 hour window. Since I became a member here and seen this thread. Only been doing IF for about a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 10:33 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,255,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I'm starting to zero in...
If I do a 48 hr fast twice a week, (Monday and Friday) I stay even or gain slightly.
This is OMAD with carb counting, but no calorie counting. Weekends are free, but on those days I sometimes do OMAD.
Three 48 hr fasts (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and I'm losing a pound or two.

So it looks like the answer is alternating my fasting regimen.
Mostly two times but sometimes three times depending on what my scale tells me.

This is the easiest way for me to do it. Eat this day, don't eat that day. All I need is a calendar.
It's basically foolproof and almost automatic. I never have to ask myself if I should eat this or not.
On this day the answer is yes, on that day the answer is no.

The only exception... 3 or 4 Mich Ultras on Friday night have little to no effect, so I have them.
I didn't fast on Friday, so I fasted yesterday instead and weighed in this morning.
The days that I didn't fast during the week were low carb days, 20 or less. The weekends were free days.

The results:
On the week that I fasted twice (last week), I gained 0.5 lbs.
On the week that I fasted three times (this week), I lost 2.2 lbs.

Pretty simple, then... fast twice a week. If I gain a couple of pounds, fast three times to get back to even.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:06 PM

3,693 posts, read 2,413,270 times
Started 18:6 again recently after eating 6 meals per day and lifting weights.....

Old 08-20-2019, 11:25 AM

Got this week's first 48 hr fast going... we'll over 40 hrs in, feel just fine.

Going to the Y for cardio, then to a car show at the local McDonalds.
I get a "Buy one value meal, get a free large sandwich" coupon for bringing a car.

That means two Double Quarter Pounders w/Cheese, no buns, stack 'em up! Sub Side Salad w/Ranch for fries.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:23 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,016,445 times
Have fun at the car show!

I barely got a 10 hour fast in yesterday (if you can even call that a "fast"). It was a rough morning. But I managed to survive the day and I'm back on track with my usual 18:6.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
Have fun at the car show!
It's one of my favorites.
There are only about 40 cars there, but the owner of the McDs goes all out... food specials, door prizes, even a DJ.
He has four per year and this was the last one for the year. Nine months till the next one.
Some good news, though... owner of a nearby Culvers is doing the same thing next month.

The stack of burgers was delicious. Back to fasting!

Old 08-22-2019, 05:47 AM

Fast #2 for this week going strong.
Weighed myself this morning and I weigh about the same as last Saturday, so any weight I gained over the weekend has been lost.

Wife's birthday this week, so no total fast on Friday, just OMAD. Many festivities this weekend.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:27 AM

I'm in the middle of a 48 hr fast.
Been doing a couple a week and am staying right on track for maintenance.
I reached my goal July 1 and there's been no more than a little up and down fluctuation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss