Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 04:17 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,162,976 times

Advertisements

Curious what brand of MCT oil and ghee are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I first heard of bullet coffee few yrs ago...I said no way, I want milk in my coffee.
But I read the entire "Keto Clarity" book.
And understood the medium chain trycleride thing of coconut oil.
One cup with a teasp of coconut oil and the very first day ...wow.
I noticed extraordinary mental clarity...and did I need it, sitting with a boring old man for 2 hrs that talks gibberish, imo.
Yet, I kept clear, direct eye contact the whole time...and never thought of food, even past noon!
My brain drank it up like gasoline in a race car.

If I was a student taking a test...I would do it before hand.

Wait for scientific tests if you want ..but try it and see for yourself.

Added: When I 1st found out about this it was called Bullet coffee...
like 'you're becoming like a bullet out of the starting gate'! Ha!
Bulletproof came later...doesn't make sense to me ...It doesn't make me bulletproof and who is shooting at me anyway? LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 05:49 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,162,976 times
https://m.forkly.com/recipes/energy-...fee-3-ways/13/

Ingredients

1 ½ – 2 cups hot, freshly brewed coffee
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cocoa butter or grass-fed butter

Old 07-04-2021, 09:26 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
No offence taken, but there are plenty of scientific studies now that have concluded that ketogenic diets do not have any advantages in losing fat.
Its energy balance calories in calories out.
And if your trying to lose weight why drink 500 calories when that could be a decent meal.
The thing is, the calories in calories out deficit is better achieved on the ketogenic diet. You are simply less hungry throughout the day. That is why intermittent fasting is so easy on the diet. I easily do a 16-18 hour fast now. And a couple times a week I like to throw in a OMAD fast. Also, I just finished Dave Asprey's (founder of Bulletproof Coffee) latest book: Fast This Way: How to Lose Weight, Get Smarter, and Live Your Longest, Healthiest Life with the Bulletproof Guide to Fasting Still not interested in forking over extra money for his coffee but I do want to look into taking some of the vitamin supplements he mentions in the book. But those can be from any brand.

Old 07-04-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
No proven benefits to a keto diet anyway. Any diet that excludes a major food group probably is not a good idea.
Ideally, everyone would eat a generally healthy overall diet and eat the "bad foods" in moderation. However, millions of people continue to fail at such diets. That is where keto comes in. It suppresses appetite. Easier to stick to because you are not living a life of constantly being hungry. You find yourself really not missing all the processed foods with added sugar. And you still get to satisfy your cravings for meat and fat. Again, ideally it is best to eat an overall healthy diet. But that has failed people for decades. Keto is sort of the lesser of two evils. While I am still new to Keto (about 8 or 10 weeks now) I believe it does absolutely work.

Old 07-06-2021, 11:43 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Ideally, everyone would eat a generally healthy overall diet and eat the "bad foods" in moderation. However, millions of people continue to fail at such diets. That is where keto comes in. It suppresses appetite. Easier to stick to because you are not living a life of constantly being hungry. You find yourself really not missing all the processed foods with added sugar. And you still get to satisfy your cravings for meat and fat. Again, ideally it is best to eat an overall healthy diet. But that has failed people for decades. Keto is sort of the lesser of two evils. While I am still new to Keto (about 8 or 10 weeks now) I believe it does absolutely work.
All those negative people about Keto just can't stop people who does do Keto because it does work because it's not a fad diet. They still don't understand macronutrients and what keto is about. It has nothing to do with eating "keto."

I'm almost 2 years on Keto and it's life changing.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
All those negative people about Keto just can't stop people who does do Keto because it does work because it's not a fad diet. They still don't understand macronutrients and what keto is about. It has nothing to do with eating "keto."

I'm almost 2 years on Keto and it's life changing.
Keto is totally legit. Especially for those who have been obese for a years or even a lifetime and have tried every other low fat or calorie restricting diet that has been thought of.

That said, as much as I have enjoyed the Keto diet over the last two months I think I might be getting off of it starting tomorrow. Warning: Gonna provide some detail don't read if eating or sipping your morning coffee.

The primary reason right now that I want to stop Keto is extremely painful bowel movements. Before Keto my bowel movements were pretty much once or twice daily and fairly frequent diarrhea. My wife thought I was lactose intolerant. But a recent food allergy test did not come up with any lactose allergy. My theory is that I just ate too much all the time and food was literally running through me. The first 2-3 weeks on Keto were amazing. My bowel movements did a complete 180. I was now going once every 5-7 days without issue. But in the last 4-5 weeks I now have absolutely terrible constipation once a week. My wife and I started Keto the same time and she hasn't really had much of any change in her bowel movements. But she always had I think a more normal bowel movement.

For me I don't think Keto was ever going to be something I stuck with long-term and since I am having these issues I'll go ahead and try stopping now. I'm down 24 pounds in about two months. From a starting weight of 196. Would still like to get down to about 165-168.

So for now I'm going to attempt to carry on with intermittent fasting without Keto. I'll still make smart food choices though like rarely if ever having french fries, pancakes, and processed foods.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:31 AM

30,343 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Have you noticed a difference in brands?

No ghee?
Ghee is probably better nutritionally but I prefer the taste of good butter and buy a Danish butter from 100% grass fed cows. I also love bulletproof coffee so called.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:14 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Ghee is probably better nutritionally but I prefer the taste of good butter and buy a Danish butter from 100% grass fed cows. I also love bulletproof coffee so called.
If you are fasting, ghee must be limited to a small amount as it does spike insulin a little but MCT oil is much better for fasting also in limited amount. To boost your ketosis.

I fast 18/6 everyday and it's the fastest way to burn fat vs exercising.

Old 07-07-2021, 11:58 AM

30,343 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If you are fasting, ghee must be limited to a small amount as it does spike insulin a little but MCT oil is much better for fasting also in limited amount. To boost your ketosis.

I fast 18/6 everyday and it's the fastest way to burn fat vs exercising.
Yeah I agree. I laugh when I see your moniker of food snob and OMAD because I am a total food snob, independent thinker, and I do OMAD when I feel that I need to. I pretty much followed that rule of eating in a 6 hour window and fasting for 18 when I lost all of my excess weight. Now I really don't need to lose any weight but I still feel fasting, OMAD, etc. are needed for the body to recuperate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss