Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 07:37 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,912,512 times

Advertisements

Here's the vegan version:

Bulletproof coffee (vegan)
2 Cups Strongly Brewed Coffee
1/2 - 1 Tbs Coconut Oil to taste, melted
1-2 Tbs Natural Almond Butter
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
Organic Stevia drops to taste
Cinnamon to taste
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 07:41 AM

7,500 posts, read 7,197,698 times
This does involve regular butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
Butter is not a magic food. If anything, it’s a food that needs to be carefully moderated since it can adversely affect blood lipid profile by increasing apolipoprotein B (apo B) levels, which has the potential to raise the risk for cardiovascular disease. In addition to raising apo B levels, adding supplemental MCT oil to coffee has the potential to raise fasting blood glucose and triglyceride levels. Both of these effects are not conducive to good health.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:21 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,264,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Here's the vegan version:

Bulletproof coffee (vegan)
2 Cups Strongly Brewed Coffee
1/2 - 1 Tbs Coconut Oil to taste, melted
1-2 Tbs Natural Almond Butter
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
Organic Stevia drops to taste
Cinnamon to taste
I thought you when this thread came up because I know you like it.
I just cannot do any kind of coffee.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I thought you when this thread came up because I know you like it.
I just cannot do any kind of coffee.
I know you don't drink coffee. I really don't bother doing this, either. I do flavored coffee, stevia and unsweetened almond milk. Coffee beans, ground every morning which is a nice smell in the kitchen. If I have any soy ice cream, I'll put a spoonful of that.

"Non-dairy" creamer has milk solids, so it's not vegan.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:17 AM

289 posts, read 248,794 times
Quote:
No offense, but you're not associating this with the ketogenic diet, which is no to low carbs and lots of fat, even lard, of all things. I don't do keto but lots of folks do.
No offence taken, but there are plenty of scientific studies now that have concluded that ketogenic diets do not have any advantages in losing fat.
Its energy balance calories in calories out.
And if your trying to lose weight why drink 500 calories when that could be a decent meal.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
No offence taken, but there are plenty of scientific studies now that have concluded that ketogenic diets do not have any advantages in losing fat.
And if your trying to lose weight why drink 500 calories when that could be a decent meal.
I am not prepared, nor qualified, to argue the validity of the ketogenic diet. But it's not the topic of the thread.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:21 AM

Your missing the point of bulletproof coffee.

Look forward to hearing from those actually using the various products for which this thread is intended.

Quote:

Old 06-05-2019, 10:23 AM

Thank you, which leaves me speechless why anyone would reply if the are not using any of the items I specified and able to contribute meaningfully.

Quote:
I am not prepared, nor qualified, to argue the validity of the ketogenic diet. But it's not the topic of the thread.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:28 AM

There are four kinds of MCTs which is not just coconut oil:

C6 a.k.a caproic acid or hexanoic acid or C6:0
C8 a.k.a caprylic acid or octanoic acid or C8:0
C10 a.k.a capric acid or decanoic acid or C10:0
C12 a.k.a lauric acid or dodecanoic acid or C12:0

Coconut oil is the byproduct from pressing the flesh of a coconut. MCT oil is the byproduct from refining coconut oil. Therefore, MCT oil is actually a refined version of coconut oil.

Brain Octane is even more refined than plain MCT or coconut oil. In fact, you the 100% C8 oil in Brain Octane only makes up about 6% of coconut oil. So you get very little C8 in regular coconut oil.

This is why Brain Octane is 18x stronger than coconut oil. It contains 100% caprylic acid (C8). This should be a major reason why you would want to choose Brain Octane instead of a regular MCT oil.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:41 AM

289 posts, read 248,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Your missing the point of bulletproof coffee.

Look forward to hearing from those actually using the various products for which this thread is intended.
So seriously what is the point, because if you go to the bulletproof web site all the claims they make about the benefits not one has any scientific proof behind it.

If you want to drink healthy oils and fats, olive oil, nuts,fish oil have much more in their favour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss