Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 07:42 PM

11 posts, read 7,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
So 25 push ups and 25 sit ups, take it its a minute each.
Yeah I have to do them a minute each. I’m waiting till I lose more weight to start doing them. But a bit of good news I weighed myself because I’m going to start doing that once a week on Saturday and I’m down to 318.6 😄... so atleast it’s working lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2019, 09:26 PM

11 posts, read 7,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auriaaz View Post
Hey I understand you're having trouble losing weight, I've had the same problem when I had to lose weight to join the Army. Shin splints suck but you should try switching and using the elliptical or walking so they can heal a little bit, that worked for me. Your weight loss sounds to be going at a good pace it'll only be a matter of time. I also did take a supplement when I was trying to lose weight and this worked best for me, i'll leave you a review if you'd like to look at it. [Mod cut - remove spam link.]
Good Luck on your Journey!
Thank you so much! I’ll look into the supplements! Yeah I figured I was just over reacting I was just worried that I went from 340ish- 322 in like a week or so and it stoped so I was hoping I wasn’t doing anything bad or wrong. But thank you again! How did the army work out for you?

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 06-23-2019 at 05:44 AM..

Old 06-25-2019, 01:57 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,088,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalmike View Post
I do know of a few that have taken all 3, nobody died but many had jitters and over symptoms and for the very small percentage they give you not worth the risk lots people have a dodgy heart that they don't know about.
For safety and health you cant go recommending those on a open public forum
Well first off I'll remind you that I did not recommend them. I simply threw them out there as potential solutions to your hypothetical problem that really isn't something the OP needs to worry about right now. I can and have recommended them in the past but I make sure that person is educated on the matter beforehand.

If someone is taking so much they are having jitters, they are taking too much and/or need to build up a tolerance.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:21 AM

3 posts, read 1,593 times
It sounds like you are just hitting the plateau that normally comes after about 2 weeks of diet change. That is totally normal and almost all of my patients experience it.

Congrats on the dietary changes. That will most certainly produce good results if you were eating a standard american diet before. I would be a little concerned with how extreme your calorie cut has been so far bc it is a bit low. You can certainly get that low with time but I think for now it might be a big challenge for your body, especially given the fact that you have started running.

Also, switching from white to wheat bread is good bc the wheat bread has more nutrients but calorie-wise it is basically the same. I would really watch the bread intake, even if it is whole wheat.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:56 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,266,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docblwell View Post
Also, switching from white to wheat bread is good bc the wheat bread has more nutrients but calorie-wise it is basically the same. I would really watch the bread intake, even if it is whole wheat.
There is low calorie, low carb bread.
I make sandwiches and toast using Aunt Millie's Light Honey Wheat.
6 carbs and 35 calories a slice.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:04 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,035,806 times
I'm not sure there's a point in addressing any further advice or recommendations to the OP. He made 11 posts in two days over a month ago and hasn't been back since. Unfortunately, I think that probably tells us what became of his diet and his effort to lose more weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss