Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 05:46 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,255,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What do you mean 600 calories on the 'off' days? What did you do during the 'on' days, not eat anything?

Just wondering how that worked.
I'm on a low carb OMAD diet almost all of the time. Tuesday and Thursday were the 600 calorie days.

A typical meal on those days:
Half a grocery store chicken - no skin.
Big salad. I use Warden Farms dressing which is a zero.
Green Beans.
Raspberries.
One mini Milky Way.

It's actually quite a lot of food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 03:25 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,509 times
It's been nearly a year of Intermittent fasting for my husband and me. He's lost over sixty pounds and I've lost thirty. The holidays did cause us to both gain a little weight, but nothing too concerning and we've been working that off again. We are both still doing well with IF and plan to continue with this way of eating for life.

Old 03-05-2020, 03:45 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I'm on a low carb OMAD diet almost all of the time. Tuesday and Thursday were the 600 calorie days.

A typical meal on those days:
Half a grocery store chicken - no skin.
Big salad. I use Warden Farms dressing which is a zero.
Green Beans.
Raspberries.
One mini Milky Way.

It's actually quite a lot of food.
That's awesome eaton, you've taken back your health from Big Pharma and Big Ag.

Well done.

Old 03-05-2020, 04:26 PM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
It's been nearly a year of Intermittent fasting for my husband and me. He's lost over sixty pounds and I've lost thirty. The holidays did cause us to both gain a little weight, but nothing too concerning and we've been working that off again. We are both still doing well with IF and plan to continue with this way of eating for life.
That's amazing. Good for you guys. What's your eating schedule?

Old 03-05-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
That's awesome eaton, you've taken back your health from Big Pharma and Big Ag.

Well done.
Haven't been able to get away from Big Pharma, but there's less of it.
The dressing is Walden Farms, not Warden Farms.
I like French and Russian, dressings I normally cannot eat. IMO, it tastes like the real thing. It's also expensive.

Last edited by eaton53; 03-05-2020 at 05:31 PM..

Old 03-05-2020, 05:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Loss in weight
Fantastic
Health deterioration
Stamina deterioration
Muscle deterioration
Open draining sores corner of mouth wrists and ancles
But most important severe nervousness and irritability
Max fasting 11 days but many 3 and 4 days fast
I did the Arnold ehret diet at 26 if I did it now it would kill me at 71

Old 03-07-2020, 01:30 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
I have once again tweaked my diet. As I learn more about metabolism and what my body tells me, I adjust the nutrients I eat. My macro is now 20%carb/40%protein/40%fat.

Just ate a very satisfying lunch. That's another benefit of IF. I am hungry when I eat and food tastes better when you are hungry. I have lost all the weigh I needed to lose. BMI is now 19. Average blood pressure taken over the last week is in the normal range. Blood sugar is low. Insulin is low.

Last edited by davidt1; 03-07-2020 at 01:46 PM..

Old 03-07-2020, 06:40 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
My stomach is so much more tolerant to stinkarette-smoke since I started doing 16/8, better looking
bowel-movements, bodyfat is going down and down, reflux is improved.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:45 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Haven't been able to get away from Big Pharma, but there's less of it.
The dressing is Walden Farms, not Warden Farms.
I like French and Russian, dressings I normally cannot eat. IMO, it tastes like the real thing. It's also expensive.
I'll check out the Walden Farms dressing, I love salads and I often pre-make them for my 600 calorie days, in fact, I sometimes buy a large salad at Panera (usually the Cobb salad with chicken and avocado) and split it in half, adding iceberg greens to their more healthy greens, and making two salads out of it.

Warden Farms, sounds like something produced by prison labor.

Old 03-08-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I'll check out the Walden Farms dressing, I love salads and I often pre-make them for my 600 calorie days, in fact, I sometimes buy a large salad at Panera (usually the Cobb salad with chicken and avocado) and split it in half, adding iceberg greens to their more healthy greens, and making two salads out of it.

Warden Farms, sounds like something produced by prison labor.
Most of what defeats salad eating are the dressings people use.
This is the only thing I've found that is a combination of zero and good tasting.
There are a lot of flavors. French and Russian just happen to be the ones I like best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss