Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 11:35 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,708,579 times

Advertisements

I buy whole milk from the farmers market. It's pasteurized, but not homogenized. So I have to shake it. I swear it's more creamy than the milk I buy in the store. Maybe it's the cows or the diet they eat. Or maybe the store stuff is more regulated and consistent in percentage of milk fat.

I don't regularly just drink it but I use it in cooking, on cereal, and in coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Which other mammals in nature as adults eat cheese or drink cream in their coffee?

2%, just a taste thing. I don't really like whole milk. Mostly I use it for cooking.
You could even add, what animals in nature do you see cooking their food? It might be okay for wild animals to eat raw meat off a carcass lying on the ground, but I prefer to cook on the grill and eat off a plate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 12:32 PM

213 posts, read 770,879 times
Soy milk, unsweetened. Used in recipes and cold cereal (perhaps 1x/week). We switched to it when DH needed to avoid higher potassium foods (like cow's milk). Do not care for almond or the other non-dairy "milks".

Old 08-15-2019, 03:52 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,191,694 times
Whole milk for cooking Mac and cheese with for the kids. I've never switched to anything less fat because I don't believe that fat is bad. My daughter with skin allergies drinks almond milk..

Old 08-15-2019, 04:24 PM

11,443 posts, read 628,046 times
Whole Milk.. I love it....

Old 08-16-2019, 01:33 AM

21,921 posts, read 25,242,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
You could even add, what animals in nature do you see cooking their food? It might be okay for wild animals to eat raw meat off a carcass lying on the ground, but I prefer to cook on the grill and eat off a plate.
Exactly. It might not be what other mammals in nature do but the raw squirrel isn't high on my list to eat, not that there's anything wrong with that.
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/m...at-vegan-event

Old 08-16-2019, 12:28 PM

4,571 posts, read 5,442,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
What kind of milk do you buy?.
Alta Dena Whole Milk

OR

Almond Milk

OR

Almond/Coconut milk.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:36 PM

14,377 posts, read 11,778,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Which other mammals in nature as adults eat cheese or drink cream in their coffee?
And then there's the fact that most adult mammals will happily drink milk if you give it to them. They like it, they just can't figure out how to get it out of the cow.

To answer the question, I buy whole milk in small quantities, Altadena or the Trader Joe's brand. I use it daily in a turmeric drink, and one of my daughters likes it on cereal. My other two kids don't drink milk at all, although they eat other dairy products. My husband will occasionally have a glass with a peanut-butter sandwich.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:29 PM

5,460 posts, read 4,077,522 times
I use whole milk for coffee, skim, lowfat, or non-dairy for cereal, tea, and cooking.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:44 PM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times
I usually get unsweetened cashew milk or pea milk. Regular milk does a number on my stomach, and since I don't use very much, the alt-milks last two or three times as long as dairy milk.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:18 PM

1,602 posts, read 1,920,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
To answer the question, I buy whole milk in small quantities, Altadena or the Trader Joe's brand. I use it daily in a turmeric drink
Can you share how you make your turmeric drink? I've wanted to try for a while but most I've seen are made with coconut milk....I don't do non dairy milk and I'm also allergic to coconut.

I love milk. I don't drink it as often as I used to, but I love me a good glass of Fairlife 2%. Whole milk grosses me out, due to an incident as a kid (got a clump of fat globules in my milk and that was not.ok.) Fairlife is absolutely delicious and worth the extra cost, plus it lasts a long time. I regularly have an open container in my fridge for 2-3 weeks, assuming their special kind of processing makes it last longer. I also like that it has extra protein.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss