Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about vegan food and vegans? Multiple responses allowed.
Veganism: It's silly 1 5.26%
Veganism: I find it offensive 1 5.26%
Veganism: I think those people are nuts 2 10.53%
Veganism: I am concerned about the environment, so I don't eat any animal products 4 21.05%
Veganism: "Après moi, le déluge" 0 0%
Veganism: I don't want to think about it 0 0%
Veganism: None of your €¢√^π℅ business!! 0 0%
Veganism: I like the taste of meat too much (sorry) 2 10.53%
Veganism: I'd like to try it 3 15.79%
Veganism: Animals don't really suffer or have feelings 0 0%
Veganism: The subject doesn't interest me 3 15.79%
Veganism: I am committed to reducing animal cruelty 6 31.58%
Veganism: I tried it and got sick 0 0%
Veganism: I resent how pushy they are 1 5.26%
Veganism: God intended for us to eat animals 2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 06:56 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,275,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
From what I can gather, people in the AR groups were surprised by this effort by KFC. There have been so many protests at KFC and other fast food companies over the years. MorningStar Farms has some pretty good fake chicken patties and chicken nuggets but the problem with many of their products has been that they still contain eggs. All of that is changing soon:

MORNINGSTAR FARMS GOES VEGAN, SPARING 300 MILLION EGGS ANNUALLY
The Kellogg’s-owned veggie brand debuts a vegan “Cheezeburger” to kick off its journey to becoming 100-percent vegan in the next three years.
by ANNA STAROSTINETSKAYA
https://vegnews.com/2019/3/morningst...-eggs-annually
It doesn't surprise me after the success of the Impossible Whopper.
BK went first, demonstrated that there's demand and is reaping the rewards.
Where there's an untapped market and a profit to be made, others are bound to follow.

KFC's the next to jump in, but they won't be the last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 08:00 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,500,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Here are some chicken-less KFC nuggets.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kfc-bey...-near-atlanta/
It's probably better than actual KFC, which suxs, IMO.
Deep-fried mock chicken meat? No thanks.

I was having a discussion with some vegans over in the vegan forum. They are all raving about the BK impossible hamburger. I think it's hypocritical for them to eat fake meat and it's not a "veggie" burger. It represents food from dead animals which they are all against, yes it's made from plants if you can call it that, but it mimics meat. Not knocking veganism but I am knocking fake meat. Stick to the veggies.

This are the impossible burger ingredients. Can you call this "plants"?
Quote:
Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Deep-fried mock chicken meat? No thanks.

I was having a discussion with some vegans over in the vegan forum. They are all raving about the BK impossible hamburger. I think it's hypocritical for them to eat fake meat and it's not a "veggie" burger. It represents food from dead animals which they are all against, yes it's made from plants if you can call it that, but it mimics meat. Not knocking veganism but I am knocking fake meat. Stick to the veggies.

This are the impossible burger ingredients. Can you call this "plants"?
Yeah, but how does it taste?

I'm sure vegans appreciate a little "diversity" as much as the next person.
I know I like it when someone introduces a good tasting low carb thing that I couldn't eat before.
So what's the difference, really?

Look at it this way...
If I were married to a vegan, I'd eat it because I like meat and eating meat offends her. Eating this doesn't.
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's called being considerate.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:20 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,521,756 times
My go to foods - rice, beans, dreamfields pasta, chicken, beef, broccoli, carrots, fruit, 100 chocolate bar, daily frozen ice cream treat (100 calories or less). As For veganism while i enjoy vegetables and eat many servings, I simply prefer to eat meat, usually twice a day.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but how does it taste?

I'm sure vegans appreciate a little "diversity" as much as the next person.
I know I like it when someone introduces a good tasting low carb thing that I couldn't eat before.
So what's the difference, really?

Look at it this way...
If I were married to a vegan, I'd eat it because I like meat and eating meat offends her. Eating this doesn't.
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's called being considerate.

The difference is that it's about an idea, a perception or whatever you want to call it, of killing animals to eat.

I certainly do not want to get political here, not the place for it.

I am trying to think of an analogy.

Let's say that you had, god forbid, a relative that was murdered by someone with a gun.

Would you let your kids play with toy guns?

Same goes for the mock hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages that veg(etari)ans eat.

So if the idea of killing animals to eat is so repulsive, why would you eat foods that mimic what you would traditionally make from the flesh of dead animals?

And it's not about offending anyone, I am talking about what THEY eat, not what I eat.

This going a bit off-topic, sorry.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
The difference is that it's about an idea, a perception or whatever you want to call it, of killing animals to eat.

Let's say that you had, god forbid, a relative that was murdered by someone with a gun.

So if the idea of killing animals to eat is so repulsive, why would you eat foods that mimic what you would traditionally make from the flesh of dead animals?

And it's not about offending anyone, I am talking about what THEY eat, not what I eat.

You think about it a lot harder than I do.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
You think about it a lot harder than I do.
I tend to do that.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:04 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,917,567 times
Quote:

The mock meat controversy you mention is often an issue. But if eating fake meat accomplishes the objectives of fewer animals killed, better health and less damage to the environment, it's hard to object.

People have cultural habits and associate food with love, safety, family closeness, a whole host of things. So if, say, Veal Parmigiana is in that category, making it with fake cutlets and vegan cheese is a lot more effective than using the real thing. I'd prefer it was made from vegan products than what it normally is made from, which to my mind is a nightmare.

I understand what you're saying, but vegan hamburgers are fine and we shouldn't discourage people from eating them--not while the Amazon rainforest is burning and humanity is in danger.

[By way of explanation, since everyone may not be aware of this: deforestation for the purpose of raising cattle is common in South America and has been for years. Apparently this latest fire was set deliberately. Powerful individuals with short-sighted perspective and indifference to indigenous people and animals.]

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 08-27-2019 at 02:18 PM..

Old 08-27-2019, 06:14 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,761,583 times
Japanese or Asian diet promotes long life by focus on boosting your digestive system. Majority of Americans have a very weak enzymes in their stomach tracts which leads to allergies and easy weight gains. Most Japanese do not eat sushi everyday. They eat fermented foods and lots of fish and soy based fermented foods. Fermented foods increase your stomach's bio diversity, when your stomach has good bio diversity you're less likely to get sick from colds or flus as well as having gastrointestinal problems.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Here are some chicken-less KFC nuggets.
Sold out in just 5 hrs.

https://mashable.com/article/kfc-veg...d-out-atlanta/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss