Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2021, 03:21 PM

30,347 posts, read 19,134,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It's stupid to follow an American culture diet that's been shaped by the food industry to sell us all sorts of snacks. Our ancestors gave us genes that allowed us to fast and carry nutrients on our bodies. We were never designed to constantly eat. Even animals have feeding periods where they eat and consume then hibernate or fast during the winter months.

What happens to our society is this culture of frequent eating has made us fatter even for vegans they get overweight by consuming too much.

The best way to lose weight and and maintain weight loss is to incorporate a longer duration in between meals. Some people would do breakfast, lunch, and no dinner. Or some prefer no breakfast, late lunch, then dinner. Whatever method as long as there is an 14-18 hour window of no food consumption your body can process weight loss much better.
The American diet and food chain is the worst in the world by far and we are getting sicker, fatter and dying earlier due to it. I've opted out of the bad diet system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 10:40 AM

5,704 posts, read 4,278,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"A steady food supply" isn't the same as eating all day long because convenient, fattening food is everywhere.
That's obvious but the argument was that "Our ancestors gave us genes that allowed us to fast and carry nutrients on our bodies. We were never designed to constantly eat." First of all the argument that anyone "constantly eats" is a straw man. Almost nobody "constantly eats" and nobody said they do except for the same poster. They are setting up the false dichotomy of fasting vs constantly eating based on our ancestors uncertain food supply.

Secondly my counterargument is that we've been adapting to not fasting for 12,000 years in most agricultural societies. Our ancestors have given us that heritage and those genes too. At least most people of long agricultural lineages. If you're a desert Pima Indian and perhaps other aboriginal groups this may not apply, because you may have special genes that code for fat storage during times of plenty (more so than others) to carry you through times of famine. This gene is well adapted for the feast-famine cycle and poorly adapted to modern times with no food shortages. I've not seen any studies suggesting all modern humans share that gene or genes. Its just a trendy theory that sounds good on the internet.

And I'm not suggesting that some fasting might not benefit some people, I'm only pushing back against the notion that this poster is pushing that its THE way.

Old 01-13-2021, 10:44 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
I used to "constantly eat." At least once an hour. It was called "grazing" and was thought to be the healthiest way to eat -- at one time.

Old 01-14-2021, 11:03 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,203,209 times
I’m tired of people saying you can’t get all your nutrients without going high carb. Yeah, if you’re just eating meat and cheese, you’re not going to be healthy. But doing keto doesn’t mean you have to eat crap.

Most of the best vegetables for you are lower in carbs, and the fruits with the lowest amount of carbs tend to be the best for you. I eat 3/4 cup of blueberries, raspberries or blackberries every day which have 12-15 grams net carbs per serving. I will eat at least a couple small or medium oranges a week and sometimes an apple or pear before a workout. I manage to keep my daily carb intake well under 50 grams a day which is low enough to keep me in ketosis. I eat a ton of spinach, kale, broccoli, and other cruciferous veggies. Other than whey protein I eat ZERO dairy.

Old 01-18-2021, 05:46 AM

1 posts, read 524 times
Great article it so inspiring for us and I’m also so grateful I found [url]https://bit.ly/3bQw8T9[/url] , it helped me not only lose weight but keep it off, hope it helps some others!

Old 01-18-2021, 07:09 AM

If 50 or fewer grams of carbs keep you in ketosis, why does the typical keto diet demand 20 or fewer?

Old 01-20-2021, 12:09 AM

2 posts, read 962 times
Hi Malloric,
your post is really helpful and it is an inspiration for others to lose weight. I hope that your post would help everyone to think positively when it comes to reducing weight .By the way I would link to share this link with you, if you want you can get a free Keto cookbook delivered right to your doorsteps. Now if you are interested just go and check it out https://sites.google.com/view/best-free-keto-cookbook-offer/home

Old 01-20-2021, 03:56 AM

2 posts, read 962 times
Hi there,
I hope that this will be a help for you, You can order a free Keto cookbook which contains all the Keto recipes. If you are interested in it then you can go and check out in this link https://bit.ly/35XTzGC

Old 01-20-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best4u View Post
Hi there,
I hope that this will be a help for you, You can order a free Keto cookbook which contains all the Keto recipes. If you are interested in it then you can go and check out in this link https://bit.ly/35XTzGC
You don't really need "a keto cookbook" and, IMHO, you should not be trying to recreate all your favorite unhealthy junk food binges and desserts into keto versions. Just eat real whole food: Eggs, meat, fish, plant-based protein, veggies, nuts, low-sugar dairy (cheese, cream, etc.). Avoid over-processed starches, carbs, and sugars. Don't overcomplicate it...

Old 01-20-2021, 05:07 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,203,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
If 50 or fewer grams of carbs keep you in ketosis, why does the typical keto diet demand 20 or fewer?
That’s more like an Atkins induction phase diet.

Everyone is different and different people can tolerate different levels of carbs without being kicked out of ketosis. If you’re active enough you’re probably going to be able to get away with allowing more carbs into your diet. My daily net carb intake is 40-55, much higher and I’m out of ketosis.

If you add in intermittent fasting, you’re in even better shape because even if you go a little overboard and get kicked out of keto, you’re probably going to be back in after the fasting period is over unless you went way overboard with carbs the previous day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss