Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 06:50 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I did Keto for 6 months. I know all about it. I never said it was a fad diet, and I even said some people can do it in the long term.
It is still an incredibly hard way to eat - in the long run.
Vision tell us where you are in your life. Are you at your goal weight? How long have you been maintaining? If not at your goal weight how long have you been trying to lose weight?
Well, when I started I was about 195 lbs and I'm 5'10", I'm now around 155~158lbs range. I had a struggling size 38" waist. Pants were very tight at 38" and I'm now down to a size 30" waist which fits me like a glove. I have not had a size 30" waist since freshmen year in college about 18 yrs ago. My BMI index done 10 yrs ago was BMI of 27. The doctor said I was getting close to pre-diabetes. The main reason I started the diet was because I was always tired, cravings were killing me often. I couldn't run for more than 2 mins without struggling.

Now after 15 months on Keto, I lost over 40 lbs. I was around 153lbs in the summer but now settled around 155-158 but maintained my 30" waist line.

I only eat one meal a day now as oppose to 2 meals in the beginning. The main difference now I believe is that my insulin resistance is gone. I'm have a lot of energy and I no longer need a nap and I can run for 10-12 mins straight without a break.

My main goal now is increasing autophagy so I can repair my body. After decades of sugar, carbs, and over consumption of proteins. It puts a lot of damage to your skin, organs, and bone health. My skin cleared up a lot as wrinkles are no as noticeable and my peers have said my aging has slowed down or reversed its course quite a bit.

The 2 main things I avoid: fructose and wheat.

It's been studied that the more fructose you eat the faster your cell ages. Wheat increases insulin production, whenever your body creates insulin the more hungry you get and weight gain follows. Wheat is like gun powder inside your body. Gluten should be avoided completely

I think majority of people don't understand what being on keto means. It's not just a diet, it's using keto as fuel. And it does a whole lots of good for your brain health too.

Anyone that is struggling with weight, I seriously think that keto is the only diet that gives you the fastest results within 2-3 weeks you will notice changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 07:10 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,824,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Well, when I started I was about 195 lbs and I'm 5'10", I'm now around 155~158lbs range. I had a struggling size 38" waist. Pants were very tight at 38" and I'm now down to a size 30" waist which fits me like a glove. I have not had a size 30" waist since freshmen year in college about 18 yrs ago. My BMI index done 10 yrs ago was BMI of 27. The doctor said I was getting close to pre-diabetes. The main reason I started the diet was because I was always tired, cravings were killing me often. I couldn't run for more than 2 mins without struggling.

Now after 15 months on Keto, I lost over 40 lbs. I was around 153lbs in the summer but now settled around 155-158 but maintained my 30" waist line.

I only eat one meal a day now as oppose to 2 meals in the beginning. The main difference now I believe is that my insulin resistance is gone. I'm have a lot of energy and I no longer need a nap and I can run for 10-12 mins straight without a break.

My main goal now is increasing autophagy so I can repair my body. After decades of sugar, carbs, and over consumption of proteins. It puts a lot of damage to your skin, organs, and bone health. My skin cleared up a lot as wrinkles are no as noticeable and my peers have said my aging has slowed down or reversed its course quite a bit.

The 2 main things I avoid: fructose and wheat.

It's been studied that the more fructose you eat the faster your cell ages. Wheat increases insulin production, whenever your body creates insulin the more hungry you get and weight gain follows. Wheat is like gun powder inside your body. Gluten should be avoided completely

I think majority of people don't understand what being on keto means. It's not just a diet, it's using keto as fuel. And it does a whole lots of good for your brain health too.

Anyone that is struggling with weight, I seriously think that keto is the only diet that gives you the fastest results within 2-3 weeks you will notice changes.
You found what worked for you and you should be congratulated on your loss. CICO worked for me over 10 years ago and I have maintained ever since with small fluctuations. I eat from all the food groups and I drink wine. This is what works FOR ME.

Old 03-06-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
You found what worked for you and you should be congratulated on your loss. CICO worked for me over 10 years ago and I have maintained ever since with small fluctuations. I eat from all the food groups and I drink wine. This is what works FOR ME.
It doesn't matter, at the end of the day. Everybody uses keto when the body doesn't have enough energy from carbs. Whether you eat carbs or not, when you use up carb fuel the body has to use keto. People who adapted to keto will burn fat quicker than those that do not. Simple as that.

You can be on a plant grain diet and still burn fat because eventually the carbs are used up and the body taps fat and convert to keto. That's how the body works.

Being on a prolonged keto diet helps you accelerate the fat burning. It all comes down to how fast you want to lose fat.

Lastly the biggest benefit for being on keto is that a grain/carb diet is really bad for anybody in the long run. A vegan longevity diet requires someone who eats wholesome plants and no processed grains, no processed plant food. All that fancy vegan processed diet is all trendy eats and not real vegan.

Old 03-06-2021, 02:26 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
Again...the disadvantage of keto is that the weight comes back as soon as you reintroduce (even moderate, even complex) carbs. Not many people are prepared to live out the rest of their lives without bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, or dessert ever passing their lips again...

What would be the point of living???

IF, on the other hand, can easily and happily be lived with.

Old 03-07-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Again...the disadvantage of keto is that the weight comes back as soon as you reintroduce (even moderate, even complex) carbs. Not many people are prepared to live out the rest of their lives without bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, or dessert ever passing their lips again...

What would be the point of living???

IF, on the other hand, can easily and happily be lived with.
You're making the claim that keto diet is just another fad diet. Humans used to eat a very ketogenic diet. You're making this ridiculous claim that people would go back to eating a highly processed diet of bread, pasta, rice, etc which is called the SAD diet. "Standard American diet" will lead you to diabetes, cancer, and long term autoimmune diseases like alzheimer's disease.

There's nothing healthy about carbs. Breads especially white flour is like cocaine. It's addictive, it makes people get hungry, and make them get autoimmune diseases in the long run.

I haven't moved back to the SAD diet since I started, it's been great. I'm currently doing a 48 hour fast because keto diet enables me to prolong fasting.

Old 03-07-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna tell you that your SAD "Standard American diet" will lead you to diabetes, cancer, and long term autoimmune diseases.

There's nothing healthy about carbs. Breads especially white flour is like cocaine.
And with that we'll just have to agree to disagree!

Old 03-09-2021, 11:21 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,407,298 times
Quote:
I'm gonna tell you that your SAD "Standard American diet" will lead you to diabetes, cancer, and long term autoimmune diseases.

There's nothing healthy about carbs. Breads especially white flour is like cocaine.
Wow you would think that bread being as addictive as cocaine we would have rehabs around the world filled with those that cannot quit their addiction to eating bread. As always, making baseless claims with no data to show for it. All issues you noted are from HIGH consumption, not low or moderate consumption.

Last edited by Diesel350z; 03-09-2021 at 11:40 AM..

Old 03-09-2021, 11:26 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,683,507 times
Quote:
You're making the claim that keto diet is just another fad diet. Humans used to eat a very ketogenic diet. You're making this ridiculous claim that people would go back to eating a highly processed diet of bread, pasta, rice, etc which is called the SAD diet. "Standard American diet" will lead you to diabetes, cancer, and long term autoimmune diseases like alzheimer's disease.

There's nothing healthy about carbs. Breads especially white flour is like cocaine. It's addictive, it makes people get hungry, and make them get autoimmune diseases in the long run.

I haven't moved back to the SAD diet since I started, it's been great. I'm currently doing a 48 hour fast because keto diet enables me to prolong fasting.
How do you explain that the Okinawans, who have one of the longest lifespans on the planet, have a diet that is high in carbs but low in fat/calories? If the diet was so terrible, Okinawans wouldn’t be reaching the triple digits so often.

Old 03-09-2021, 11:31 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,407,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
How do you explain that the Okinawans, who have one of the longest lifespans on the planet, have a diet that is high in carbs but low in fat/calories? If the diet was so terrible, Okinawans wouldn’t be reaching the triple digits so often.
pretty sure vision33r is only speaking about refined carbs. Okinawans did not eat refined carbs.

Old 03-09-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
pretty sure vision33r is only speaking about refined carbs. Okinawans did not eat refined carbs.
I'm pretty sure vision33r i speaking about ALL carbs (and sugars, which also isn't a dirty word in my view); that's what keto is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss