Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2021, 01:00 PM

904 posts, read 666,403 times

Advertisements

I can't eat the SAD diet. Soon as I eat too many carbs my body rebels. My joints ache, my head hurts and my sinus's kill me. By not eating processed foods my body feels better. Sure I will have an occasional pizza or we go out for Mexican every few months. But then I jump right back to eating lower carbs.
So many of the carby things I don't even miss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2021, 02:35 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,406,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieKay56 View Post
I can't eat the SAD diet. Soon as I eat too many carbs my body rebels. My joints ache, my head hurts and my sinus's kill me. By not eating processed foods my body feels better. Sure I will have an occasional pizza or we go out for Mexican every few months. But then I jump right back to eating lower carbs.
So many of the carby things I don't even miss.
Keyword here. Too many. Of course you are going to feel better when you total caloric consumption decreases. Carbs are not your problem. Too many calories is your problem.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm pretty sure vision33r i speaking about ALL carbs (and sugars, which also isn't a dirty word in my view); that's what keto is.
I wouldn’t be surprised if vision33r is speaking about all carbs. Carbs seem to be all evil to vision33r regardless if they are whole or refined.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:06 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if vision33r is speaking about all carbs. Carbs seem to be all evil to vision33r regardless if they are whole or refined.
That's keto! And, unfortunately, a philosophy that is beginning to dominate even IF discussions.

Old 03-10-2021, 02:18 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Unfortunately, carbs are bad. It increases inflammation on the body, doesn't matter what type. A person who will live longest should consume the least amount of carbs. This is validated by scientists who studies mice. Eat carbs in a vegan diet, can increase other problems in the body.

I just hit the milestone today weighing 43lbs less than I first started the diet and doing an extreme keto diet the past week where I would only eat small portion of meat, higher fat such as nuts, seeds, egg yolks, and butter. A lot of plant fiber. One meal a day is the metric to being able to efficiently burn body fat.

Old 03-11-2021, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Unfortunately, carbs are bad. It increases inflammation on the body, doesn't matter what type. A person who will live longest should consume the least amount of carbs. This is validated by scientists who studies mice. Eat carbs in a vegan diet, can increase other problems in the body.
. More baseless claims with no data to support your statements. What about whole grain carbs? Are those bad for you?
Quote:
I just hit the milestone today weighing 43lbs less than I first started the diet and doing an extreme keto diet the past week where I would only eat small portion of meat, higher fat such as nuts, seeds, egg yolks, and butter. A lot of plant fiber. One meal a day is the metric to being able to efficiently burn body fat.
Congrats to you. I can lose 25lbs on a Twinkie diet. Does that mean the Twinkie diet is superior to all other diets and should be done by other people to lose weight?

Old 03-11-2021, 11:00 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
Quote:

Not true at all. Maybe you should specify what carbs are bad. Or post a peer review study to back up your claim that all carbs are bad.
I have been eating carbs for my entire life - 'gasp', and I am healthy. How did that happen? I really wish you would preface your statements as opinions.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:36 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Not true at all. Maybe you should specify what carbs are bad. Or post a peer review study to back up your claim that all carbs are bad.
I have been eating carbs for my entire life - 'gasp', and I am healthy. How did that happen? I really wish you would preface your statements as opinions.
You don't need a study, carbs instantly triggers insulin. That's a fact. Now I'm not going to keep debating and arguing with you. The facts are out there, if you need me to point out a study to relay this info then we shouldn't even be debating period. It's like debating why the sky is blue and the earth revolves around the sun.

Any grains especially wheat increase inflammation. Now why do humans eat carbs especially grains? Because we evolved from hunter gathers to farmers. Farming grains enabled these foods to be sourced and kept for longer time. While natural foods like meats and vegetables cannot be kept for a long time.

I don't know why you and other folks keep debating why humans need grains to live, when they were never part of the human diet to begin with.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:38 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
ANYTHING you eat - or drink besides water - triggers insulin release (some makes exceptions for black coffee or plain tea, but not purists); that's why clean fasting has to be so strict.

Old 03-11-2021, 12:56 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
Quote:
You don't need a study, carbs instantly triggers insulin. That's a fact. Now I'm not going to keep debating and arguing with you. The facts are out there, if you need me to point out a study to relay this info then we shouldn't even be debating period. It's like debating why the sky is blue and the earth revolves around the sun.

Any grains especially wheat increase inflammation. Now why do humans eat carbs especially grains? Because we evolved from hunter gathers to farmers. Farming grains enabled these foods to be sourced and kept for longer time. While natural foods like meats and vegetables cannot be kept for a long time.

I don't know why you and other folks keep debating why humans need grains to live, when they were never part of the human diet to begin with.
More BS from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss