Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2021, 10:46 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of people in this forum specifically are misguided about keto and IF. Everybody does keto and IF regardless of what diet they are on. When you go to sleep at night you are doing IF. Except people who wants to lose more weight can skip meals prolonging their IF and maximize weight loss. It is as simple as that. IF is not some new trendy diet, it's been around for thousands of years. There is no civilization out there that says you must eat 3 meals a day, that is a modern day luxury.

I do not care what people say about keto diet, the fact is everybody uses keto. The whole misconception that people say they don't want to do keto, is complete ignorance.

Everybody uses keto to some except those who eats ketogenic diet can prolong their ketosis to the max and live on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2021, 11:03 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,407,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I think a lot of people in this forum specifically are misguided about keto and IF. Everybody does keto and IF regardless of what diet they are on. When you go to sleep at night you are doing IF. Except people who wants to lose more weight can skip meals prolonging their IF and maximize weight loss. It is as simple as that. IF is not some new trendy diet, it's been around for thousands of years. There is no civilization out there that says you must eat 3 meals a day, that is a modern day luxury.

I do not care what people say about keto diet, the fact is everybody uses keto. The whole misconception that people say they don't want to do keto, is complete ignorance.

Everybody uses keto to some except those who eats ketogenic diet can prolong their ketosis to the max and live on it.
So by this line of thinking intermittent fasting is not superior. Whether you refrain from eating for 16 hours or 8 hours, if you are consuming the same exact calories in that 24 hour period you will be losing the same amount of weight regardless of timing method used.

Also, keto is not superior. If you compare keto vs a moderate carb diet with total caloric intake being the same for both you will see that you will not lose more weight being on keto.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:11 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,987,069 times
IF is 16 hours fasting or more; anything less doesn't burn fat, so is just...not eating. Certain 8 hours while sleeping, while technically "fasting," doesn't qualify.

Old 03-15-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
So by this line of thinking intermittent fasting is not superior. Whether you refrain from eating for 16 hours or 8 hours, if you are consuming the same exact calories in that 24 hour period you will be losing the same amount of weight regardless of timing method used.

Also, keto is not superior. If you compare keto vs a moderate carb diet with total caloric intake being the same for both you will see that you will not lose more weight being on keto.
While you're hopeless because you just completely ignored what I wrote can consistently trolls against keto regardless. That's why most people are ignoring you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
IF is 16 hours fasting or more; anything less doesn't burn fat, so is just...not eating. Certain 8 hours while sleeping, while technically "fasting," doesn't qualify.
This is another misinformed reply, the reason people have "break-fast" because it breaks the night time fast. Genius.

Old 03-15-2021, 02:09 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,407,298 times
Quote:
While you're hopeless because you just completely ignored what I wrote can consistently trolls against keto regardless. That's why most people are ignoring you.

Nobody is ignoring me. I am putting forth the facts as usual and you fail to comprehend them. Keto and IF are not superior methods of losing weight and you have repeatedly failed to show this.

Old 03-15-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
This is another misinformed reply, the reason people have "break-fast" because it breaks the night time fast. Genius.
For the purposes of entering ketosis and thereby burning fat stores (which is what we are discussing here), an 8-hour fast doesn't qualify... Most agree that this doesn't begin until about the 16th hour.

Old 03-15-2021, 03:35 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,644,565 times
Hey vision33r, how do you manage to be a food snob while on keto?

Old 04-02-2021, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Hey vision33r, how do you manage to be a food snob while on keto?
I've gained so much weight in the past eating all kinds of food. I'm done eating all kinds of random stuff. Now I only eat wholesome stuff no more processed junk food. Being on keto allows you to eat carbs too just in limited quantities.

The biggest limiting factor for me right now is I only do One meal a day. So I do eat carbs just in limited quantities. 20 hours a day I'm fasting and burning fat on keto. My eating window is only 4 hours between 4pm - 8pm.

Once your body adapted to OMAD, you spend less time looking for food and more time doing other things in life. It's amazing how much time everybody waste on eating 3 meals a days.

You'll be amazed how much lighter your body feels without constantly having food in your stomach.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:24 PM

You would be "burning fat on keto" even if you didn't EAT keto; fasting itself induces ketosis ("fat-burning").

Old 04-02-2021, 07:20 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,824,977 times
Quote:
I've gained so much weight in the past eating all kinds of food. I'm done eating all kinds of random stuff. Now I only eat wholesome stuff no more processed junk food. Being on keto allows you to eat carbs too just in limited quantities.

The biggest limiting factor for me right now is I only do One meal a day. So I do eat carbs just in limited quantities. 20 hours a day I'm fasting and burning fat on keto. My eating window is only 4 hours between 4pm - 8pm.

Once your body adapted to OMAD, you spend less time looking for food and more time doing other things in life. It's amazing how much time everybody waste on eating 3 meals a days.

You'll be amazed how much lighter your body feels without constantly having food in your stomach.
Are you at an ideal weight now? How long have you maintained it? You very dogmatic with your opinions, I want to know if you can back them up using yourself as an example, meaning you are at your goal weight and have maintained it for a number of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss