Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 12:51 PM

8 posts, read 31,875 times

Advertisements

I have a problem. I have gained weight and my father hates it! My boyfriend on the other hand says I just need to tone up a bit. When I first got with my boyfriend almost 3 years ago I was 5'3 and was 110-115 lbs now I am still 5'3 but around 135-140 thats a big jump from just 3 years ago... I am wanting to "tone up" but I know you can't just tone up without losing weight... So I don't work out cause my boyfriend likes my body now more than when we first got together but he says he doesnt care he will love me... he just wants my body more toned and i know he likes my bigger butt and stuff.. i just want to be in shape and have my butt and thighs but just in a more toned way is there anyway i can have this? i am willing to work on it...

exercies for toning my butt, thighs and abs.
measurments are: 36 29 38
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 01:06 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,028,505 times
For right now forget what your dad and your boyfriend like and want
and think about what you want. What weight do you feel right at.
Which weight made you feel best physically???

Anybody who loves you should want you to be heathy and encourage you that way. A good step may be to talk to a doctor and find out your
healthy weight range and start making diet changes that will help you
stay in that range.

I am an inch taller and 5 pounds heavier than you and I know I felt better
when I was 20 pounds lighter. I felt more energetic and wanted to be more active. My concern is that if you don't change what you are eating that you will keep gaining 10 pounds per year.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:21 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,287,700 times
Just start being active. Get a hold of the weight gain before age adds more pounds. Do it for your health not for your dad. He is probably just freaking out because you dont have his little girl shape that he is used to seeing. You are still in a healthy weight range so I would just focus on being active and that usually just takes the few off that make you feel puffy.

You only gained 8 pounds a year. Thats not really that bad at all. Sounds like some bad food or lack of activity habit crept up on you.

Google: Spark people diet

Free exercise plans to do for your personal stats and fitness level and diet too.

Calorie count has a better data bank for calories and premade food products.

I would try to figure out what you did differently in those three years that you didnt before.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:04 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,173,951 times
good advice ^. If you are looking to just tone up and NOT loose body fat then limit your cardio....I would recomend 5minute warm up.....weight training..... and 5 minute cool down. As far as weight training 60 percent of it is form.....unfortunatly you can't teach form over the internet but there are tons of sites such as bodybuilder.com that can show you correct form.

In general you will want to incorporate Lunges, Squats, weigted crunches on an incline, leg extensions, leg curls and the leg sled....

Also, you might want to look into core stability workouts....including a theraball......these workouts strengthen your core and really work your abs.

good luck!

Old 12-02-2008, 06:26 AM

14 posts, read 31,389 times
Dont worry my young lady, Just keep concentrate on your diet,Go for exercise and go for gym...According to me you r weight and physic is good...

Old 12-03-2008, 03:16 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,151,323 times
Be appreciative that your boyfriend likes your body, but somehow get it across to him that you want to lose weight for yourself. He'll eventually come around and be supportive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss