Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 01:50 PM

648 posts, read 431,458 times

Advertisements

Eat only soylent green provided by your loving Government. Short of that, drink lots of coffee.

Last edited by ocoilslick; 01-02-2021 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: coffee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 02:19 PM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
I never understood why white potatoes are bad for you. They’re low cal and fat. Quite honestly it seems like most things that taste good are bad you. I wish I was into leafy greens but I’m just not. I mean I’ll eat them because I should and they are healthy but I can’t say I get pleasure out of eating most vegetables. I guess that’s part of my problem. Food isn’t supposed to be pleasurable right? It’s for survival. Unfortunately i find fattening foods pleasurable.

Old 01-02-2021, 02:26 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,384,679 times
Eat less, move more.

Old 01-02-2021, 06:51 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I never understood why white potatoes are bad for you. They’re low cal and fat. Quite honestly it seems like most things that taste good are bad you. I wish I was into leafy greens but I’m just not. I mean I’ll eat them because I should and they are healthy but I can’t say I get pleasure out of eating most vegetables. I guess that’s part of my problem. Food isn’t supposed to be pleasurable right? It’s for survival. Unfortunately i find fattening foods pleasurable.
They are not bad for you. I like a baked potato with a bit of olive oil. It's hard to tune out the noise of different groups telling you what is healthy and what is not.
If you can eat a diet of mainly whole unprocessed foods and watch your caloric intake you will be fine.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:05 AM

177 posts, read 48,926 times
I have oposite problem. Low weight cause I eat not much. I don't care about calories.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:08 AM

177 posts, read 48,926 times
Quote:
I like a baked potato with a bit of olive oil.
I like the same, but with sunflower oil or even lard, but that's only in winter when it's cold. In summer, I almost don't feel like eating. Light foods only.

Old 01-03-2021, 04:23 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
I know. I eat broccoli because I know it's good for me, but I don't like it. I don't mind it much when it's in a calzone or a cheese sauce, lol, but that kind of negates the "good for me" part. What I do with such foods is eat the broccoli first and get it out of the way so I can enjoy the tastier stuff.

I do happen to like most leafy greens, but not kale. I think the attraction behind kale is that you have to chew it for about three hours before it becomes swallowable, so you don't have time to eat much else.

Old 01-04-2021, 06:58 AM

16,346 posts, read 8,162,213 times
Oh yes, broccoli is quite tasty in a cheese sauce. When my grandmother was alive she made this amazing cream sauce that she would drown cauliflower in, so good. Also the creamed spinch at abe and louie's is quite delectable. But yes it does seem to negate the purpose. I guess if I was underweight it wouldnt be a bad option to put on some lbs but that's not what's happening over here.

Yesterday I bought some turnip and parsnips for the first time in my life. I have eaten both before and like that so thought I'd try cooking them. I'm going to add some parsnip to a soup i'm making. I was also thinking of cutting them into strips and putting them in the air fryer. I need to cut back on white potato so these seemed like a decent alternative along with sweet potato.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, broccoli is quite tasty in a cheese sauce. When my grandmother was alive she made this amazing cream sauce that she would drown cauliflower in, so good. Also the creamed spinch at abe and louie's is quite delectable. But yes it does seem to negate the purpose. I guess if I was underweight it wouldnt be a bad option to put on some lbs but that's not what's happening over here.

Yesterday I bought some turnip and parsnips for the first time in my life. I have eaten both before and like that so thought I'd try cooking them. I'm going to add some parsnip to a soup i'm making. I was also thinking of cutting them into strips and putting them in the air fryer. I need to cut back on white potato so these seemed like a decent alternative along with sweet potato.
I like parsnips. I like most vegetables but one I can't do is turnips. Hated them as a kid even though my mother would put applesauce in them to counteract that nasty bitter taste. Didn't work.

I decided to try some again a few years ago, hoping my adult taste buds were different. Nope, they are still nasty and bitter and taste like something that has gone bad, and when I put them in my mouth, I still want to just spit them out!

Old 01-04-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec.S View Post
I have oposite problem. Low weight cause I eat not much. I don't care about calories.
Then this thread isn't really for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss