Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 05:38 AM

332 posts, read 219,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlgal View Post
Your plan sounds great. I'm stuck in a vicious cycle now. I binge ate on 5/2 . Took laxatives. Water fasted (with probably too little water intake) for 109 hours. Binged again on 10/2. Took laxatives. Fasting now but consumed by thoughts of food. Feeling like crap physically and psychologically. Not exercising as stamina and fitness have gone down the drain. I've probably gained weight. Too scared to check. Clothes feel tighter.
Your binging. It happens. Forgive yourself then stop. Every now and then I go buy a whole pie and eat it.

I am then sick. I once ate 12 cupcakes at 300 cals each. never did that again. Counting calories really helped me. I never ate a cupcake again, it's not worth 300 cals. So I count calories, it really works. Try it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 09:19 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlgal View Post
Your plan sounds great. I'm stuck in a vicious cycle now. I binge ate on 5/2 . Took laxatives. Water fasted (with probably too little water intake) for 109 hours. Binged again on 10/2. Took laxatives. Fasting now but consumed by thoughts of food. Feeling like crap physically and psychologically. Not exercising as stamina and fitness have gone down the drain. I've probably gained weight. Too scared to check. Clothes feel tighter.
What you are doing makes no sense and is dangerous. Why are you taking laxatives? Are you bulimic? If so I would highly recommend you see a therapist. You are not going to lose any weight doing this.

Old 02-25-2021, 12:58 AM

1 posts, read 434 times
Follow this formula: 20% exercise, 80% diet.

Do 40 minutes of cardio every day, preferably 20 mins in the morning and 20 mins in the evening.

Eat 5 meals a day, restricted t0 15% lesser than your minimum daily calorific intake value. Decrease carbs and simple sugars, increase proteins.
Eat loads of salad. That **** is good for you.

This is the healthiest way to lose weight, which is the best way to lose weight. You will see the difference in 3 weeks' time.

If you're more adventurous, try out this workout program called insanity.
I lost 7 kilos of fat in 2 months and put on 3 kilos of muscles.

Old 02-26-2021, 07:58 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibo233 View Post
Follow this formula: 20% exercise, 80% diet.

Do 40 minutes of cardio every day, preferably 20 mins in the morning and 20 mins in the evening.

Eat 5 meals a day, restricted t0 15% lesser than your minimum daily calorific intake value. Decrease carbs and simple sugars, increase proteins.
Eat loads of salad. That **** is good for you.

This is the healthiest way to lose weight, which is the best way to lose weight. You will see the difference in 3 weeks' time.

If you're more adventurous, try out this workout program called insanity.
I lost 7 kilos of fat in 2 months and put on 3 kilos of muscles.
I loss 40lbs with zero exercise, just walking. When you control what you put in the mouth the body does the rest without any exercise needed. Exercise should be to improve your cardiovascular system not for dieting. Weight loss requires eating less and the less frequent you eat the better. OMAD for me.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:25 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,666,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I loss 40lbs with zero exercise, just walking. When you control what you put in the mouth the body does the rest without any exercise needed. Exercise should be to improve your cardiovascular system not for dieting. Weight loss requires eating less and the less frequent you eat the better. OMAD for me.
I don’t know why you are mentioning OMAD in this thread. The OP has a history of disordered eating and it is very dangerous to suggest to someone who has a history of disordered eating that she needs to eat less frequently. The OP really needs to see a nutritionist and come up with a safe weight loss plan for herself that doesn’t involve binging, using laxatives, etc.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:02 PM

575 posts, read 338,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I just found all of the mainstream diets out there are all full of crap because it makes you lose weight by punishing the body through hard exercise then eating a low caloric diet which cause the body to become even hungrier.

Excess exercise makes people hungry. So the best way to naturally lose weight is by slowly controlling hunger. Don't exercise too much, walking is the best. Then through a slow fasting program you control hunger and the body adjusts metabolism.

High metabolism caused by exercise is bad for weight loss. You want a low metabolism through slow exercises so your body won't desire food and you can fast longer. It is through a daily regime of intermittent fasting a person can correct insulin dysfunction then food cravings all go away.

I've lost more weight without exercise than hitting the gym 3x a week.
This is exactly my situation. It takes me 2.5 weeks to build up endurance to the point that I can burn 2,000 calories on an elliptical across 2.5 - 3 hour non-stop session.

But even if we disregard that I am a zombie after this (can't even watch TV, just brain dead), the hunger it triggers is just insane. And I have been hungry for 6-10 hours each day, for last ~5 months (and lost ~40 pounds). So, I don't have a problem with handling hunger.

You can't do that exercise on 1,500 calorie diet. Even 2,000 calorie diet (mostly protein, no sugar, and some carbs) is horribly insufficient for that.

In the end, when you consider how miserable you are, how painful that exercise is, how hard it is, and you maybe end up with 700 calories surplus because any meal under 1,000 calories after that will be extremely insufficient.

Thank you, I'll rather walk my dog for 2 hours more to burn that. Not to mention that walking is not straining my heart, while hardcore elliptical definitely is and it is a real risk that I will die of heart attack, right there on the machine.

I'm not saying my scenario applies to everybody, just saying that hardcore exercise brings almost nothing to the table in terms of net weight loss and makes it way more miserable.

Especially compared to simple walking. Once spring hits in May, and roads become dry, I can increase speed of walking to 3.0 - 3.5 miles per hour and do ~10-12 miles a day in ~3 hours. Without being zombie or insanely hungry.

Old 06-20-2021, 05:39 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,943,634 times
Have you ever considered doing a medically supervised fast for say, 2 or 3 weeks?

Of course, you have to eat right afterwards, but a fast can not only supercharge your metabolism, but it can also reset your addiction to unhealthy foods.

The key phrase here is medically supervised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Eke3WNqho

Old 06-20-2021, 08:26 PM

5,707 posts, read 4,278,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Have you ever considered doing a medically supervised fast for say, 2 or 3 weeks?

Of course, you have to eat right afterwards, but a fast can not only supercharge your metabolism, but it can also reset your addiction to unhealthy foods.

The key phrase here is medically supervised.

Then you'd probably want someone with a medical degree, not a chiropractor. You don't even need a chiro degree to give nutritional advice.

Old 06-21-2021, 11:31 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderFrost View Post
This is exactly my situation. It takes me 2.5 weeks to build up endurance to the point that I can burn 2,000 calories on an elliptical across 2.5 - 3 hour non-stop session.

But even if we disregard that I am a zombie after this (can't even watch TV, just brain dead), the hunger it triggers is just insane. And I have been hungry for 6-10 hours each day, for last ~5 months (and lost ~40 pounds). So, I don't have a problem with handling hunger.

You can't do that exercise on 1,500 calorie diet. Even 2,000 calorie diet (mostly protein, no sugar, and some carbs) is horribly insufficient for that.

In the end, when you consider how miserable you are, how painful that exercise is, how hard it is, and you maybe end up with 700 calories surplus because any meal under 1,000 calories after that will be extremely insufficient.

Thank you, I'll rather walk my dog for 2 hours more to burn that. Not to mention that walking is not straining my heart, while hardcore elliptical definitely is and it is a real risk that I will die of heart attack, right there on the machine.

I'm not saying my scenario applies to everybody, just saying that hardcore exercise brings almost nothing to the table in terms of net weight loss and makes it way more miserable.

Especially compared to simple walking. Once spring hits in May, and roads become dry, I can increase speed of walking to 3.0 - 3.5 miles per hour and do ~10-12 miles a day in ~3 hours. Without being zombie or insanely hungry.
Good, there's a big difference between exercising to become an athlete and weight loss. To lose weight properly with exercise you have to exercise just enough not to get make the body too deprived of nutrients. Or do simple low rep resistance training which is what I do to keep my muscle tone.

Then each day I eat a very nutrient dense single meal, no snacks. My fasting is 20 hrs with just a 2-3 hour eating window to get my main meal. I do cheat on weekends here and there to enjoy a nice steak or BBQ here and there but the body doesn't retain any fat because I have not much excess food storage.

The key is to get away from frequent eating which prevents the body from properly digesting food. What we have today with most people is too large a portion and eating too frequently which results in fat storage because the body just don't have the time and metabolism to digest and burn the food. No exercise can help you burn so much food so quickly unless you are a trained olympic athlete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss