Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 06:43 AM

316 posts, read 303,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
lol. Must be other folks who are drinking all those soft drinks--I sure do see shopping carts loaded with bottles and packs of soft drinks when I'm at the grocery store.

Me? Nope, don't drink them--drank them as a kid and most of my teeth have fillings or crowns. Wish my parents knew what we know now--but they didn't and our home was filled with soda pop.
LOL, it's probably me or my husband you are seeing. We donate them to the band kids when there is a call for them, along with cases of bottled water.

I didn't grow up having soda in the house so it was only when friends had parties or sleepovers that I had access to such. I mostly stick with water, black coffee, and herbal teas. If I feel a sore throat coming on, I'll add some honey to the tea. A big mug of hot chocolate on really cold days is my weakness, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 04:49 PM

9,116 posts, read 6,165,173 times
I drink no soft drinks nor do I drink sweetened water. I drink herbal teas I brew and plain water. Occasionally, I'll have a cup of black coffee or a glass of wine.

It's probably my age, but I can't get used to people drinking soft drinks with breakfast. Everything for breakfast now tastes sweet. When they came up with the various sweetened forms of Cheerios, I knew I had lost the fight.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:32 PM

3,431 posts, read 2,398,938 times
If I put all the Pepsi I drink in a year, into containers, it might fill up two 2-litre bottles. I drink it rarely. And when I do it's usually just half a glass poured from my husband's bottle, when I eat pizza. Because the two just taste good together.

I have 1 cup of cappuccino every morning (I make it myself, no flavored crap, just espresso, steamed frothed milk, 1 teaspoon sugar, and a pinch of powdered cinnamon). Other than the occasional glass of wine or cordial glass of coffee liqueur, I drink almost exclusively water.

Old 09-20-2021, 08:02 PM

6,357 posts, read 4,177,512 times
Sugar is a killer and if you do some research regarding diabetes and obesity in the US, there is no doubt that sugary drinks play a large role in contributing to these health related issues.

I see plenty of shopping carts in the grocery store loaded with bottles of soda and other sugary drinks but certainly none in our shopping cart or house.

Old 09-20-2021, 11:49 PM

1,536 posts, read 1,482,638 times
I drink pop but usually sugar free. A fair amount but probably fewer than 600 cans/year these days.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:25 AM

4,936 posts, read 3,311,281 times
Drank soda in my teens 1 or 2 a day canada dry sodas 1970s think bottle sizes soda was smaller then. Later when DD was teen at home, 1 small glass of soda with her on sunday afternoon, she share with me few crisps me am not allowed much salt intake.
After she moved overseas no more soda for me. I drink tea, water, 2 small demitasse cups of coffee, some days small glass of fruit juice or tomato juice, in cold months chai tea and winter tea and hot cocoa with spices. Have to limit my fluids intake for CHF.
Used to like sparkling waters but the big bottles sold here, it goes flat before I finish it.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:20 AM

3,431 posts, read 2,398,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Sugar is a killer and if you do some research regarding diabetes and obesity in the US, there is no doubt that sugary drinks play a large role in contributing to these health related issues.

I see plenty of shopping carts in the grocery store loaded with bottles of soda and other sugary drinks but certainly none in our shopping cart or house.
"Sugar" is not a killer. "TOO MUCH sugar" is a killer.

Speaking in absolutes on non-absolute things doesn't support your opinion, it just makes you seem uninformed.

Old 09-21-2021, 02:57 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
I drink pop but usually sugar free. A fair amount but probably fewer than 600 cans/year these days.
Sugar free sodas far worse. If I had to chose drinking diet or non-diet sodas I would pick non-diet. Not only does diet sodas don't work it makes you want more sugar. Most people who drink diet sodas have a tendency to think that it's ok to have an extra candy or cake because they had a diet soda. Then after drinking the diet soda they get extra sugar cravings. Because the diet sweetners made your brain think you're eating something sweet but didn't get any sugar so your body end up craving more.

Old 09-22-2021, 10:01 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
I grew up drinking loads of soda because my parents didn't know any better. For several decades now I drink water with lemon of the unsweetened sparkling waters. Drink my morning cup of coffee black, if I ever have tea (which is rare) it is unsweetened. I can't stomach sugar in my beverages anymore.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:00 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
I would switch if I can find a drink that works as a replacement to either zero-sugar soda or energy drink. I cannot do traditional sodas. Unsweetened tea is alright. Drink packets in water is fine. I cannot however do water unless I'm out in the sun or working out. Some weird mental issue with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss