Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 10:19 AM

1,380 posts, read 722,732 times

Advertisements

I did it for a while but started to really want veggies. I kept thinking about big salads. Plus, I found I started to feel kind of nauseous with all the fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2023, 01:46 PM

7,247 posts, read 5,119,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
guidoLaMoto you don't understand the term "Obligate Carnivore."
You don't understand the term obligate....B12 & Fe... only available in adequate amounts to aboriginal humans via animal sources for food. Modern "vegetarian" sources are artifically fortified.

(Except beans are fairly high in Fe, but most of us can't eat enough beans for it to be a useful source.)

Old 04-04-2023, 03:18 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,477,145 times
There's really only one diet. Eat only as much good quality food as you need. Most people need 2,000 calories or less per day to maintain their current weight. Eat more than that and you will gain weight, eat less and you will lose weight. The occasional workout does little to alter that equation.

Old 04-04-2023, 03:23 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,398,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
You don't understand the term obligate....B12 & Fe... only available in adequate amounts to aboriginal humans via animal sources for food. Modern "vegetarian" sources are artifically fortified.

(Except beans are fairly high in Fe, but most of us can't eat enough beans for it to be a useful source.)
I just did a couple of different google searches:

"define obligate"

"what does obligate mean in context with carnivore"

"what is an obligate carnivore"

"define obligate carnivore"

Not seeing anything suggesting that the only criteria to call an animal an "obligate carnivore" is that they need B12 and iron in adequate amounts to aboriginal humans via animal sources for food.

What I am seeing, is exactly what I said:

an obligate carnivore is an animal that cannot efficiently digest plant matter and MUST rely primarily on meat for food.

Humans are not obligate carnivores. We are omnivores.

Old 04-05-2023, 12:48 AM

7,247 posts, read 5,119,840 times
If you feed your dog bagged, dry dog food, your obligate carnivore dog is living on a plant based diet. So much for "can't"

Old 04-05-2023, 10:03 AM

10,890 posts, read 7,376,511 times
Quote:
If you feed your dog bagged, dry dog food, your obligate carnivore dog is living on a plant based diet. So much for "can't"

I didn't know the definition of faculative, so I looked it up and found...
Facultative carnivores are those that also eat non-animal food in addition to animal food. Note that there is no clear line that differentiates facultative carnivores from omnivores; dogs would be considered facultative carnivores

Old 04-06-2023, 06:22 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,649,748 times
I tried it for 4 weeks and just couldn't stick to it anymore. I have digestive issues and they went away by day 2 of eating carnivore. That was the only benefit I noticed. I had almost no appetite but yet only lost 1 pound during the 4 weeks. There are lots of videos and posts by people saying they lose a lot of weight, but if you dig through the comments, many are not and some even gain and quit it due to that. I only have about 15 lbs to lose, which isn't much but it definitely did not cause any weight loss for me.

It's just too restrictive. At first you start strong thinking maybe you can do this, but after a few weeks, the meat becomes dreadful.

Old 04-06-2023, 10:37 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,398,938 times
Quote:
Dogs are not obligate carnivores. Neither are humans.

Old 04-07-2023, 11:04 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,142,399 times
Although I like meat, there's something disgusting about the idea of only eating meat. Everything eaten and put in my body consisting of dead animals. Sort of like becoming a vulture. One noticeable trend over decades for me has been a continual lessening of meat (probably only 15% now).

Old 04-07-2023, 02:15 PM

25,559 posts, read 17,267,108 times
I'm generally a carnivore before the afternoon meal.
Breakfast is eggs and meat, coffee and a full 16 oz of water. Keeps my appetite under control for the rest of the day.

We eat plenty of high quality protein. No breads, pasta, rice or that sort of thing. Nothing processed, although if everyone is going out for pizza, I'm going too!
Not really a diet, I guess, because I'm never going to change it.

5"10" .... 185. Male. Old. In shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss