Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2023, 12:14 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
Just eat healthy, unprocessed foods, nutritious foods as much as possible. Concentrate on this.
Yes. It really shouldn't be complicated. Look at the foods that have been around for hundreds / thousands of years, which have worked for people.

Pass on all the modern / modified / corrupted "food" that the body doesn't recognize or understand. And pass on all the information flying around. The basics haven't changed in centuries, so don't buy into the myths of change, crazes, and fads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2023, 01:00 PM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
150 is way too thin for 5"10. when in my 20s I had to starve myself to get to like 174 and exercise like crazy. I think 170 could be a good weight for 5"10 but it would be very difficult at an older age. if you were 150 you would look way too skinny.
Check the BMI charts. 130-170 is recommended for 5'10". (I got it wrong earlier when I said 150-170).

But we should each make our own goals, not just follow gubmint charts. The Food Pyramid should be a good example of bad information.

Old 07-03-2023, 02:10 PM

3,370 posts, read 1,538,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Check the BMI charts. 130-170 is recommended for 5'10". (I got it wrong earlier when I said 150-170).

But we should each make our own goals, not just follow gubmint charts. The Food Pyramid should be a good example of bad information.
I want to see a picture of someone 130 at 5"10. They might look skinnier than the joker in the joker movie. The military does not even have those strict weight requirements .

Old 07-03-2023, 04:33 PM

1,779 posts, read 1,203,545 times
Seems like you just came here to complain. . .

You have a medical condition therefore you should take advice from professionals - since a doctor is not good enough perhaps a dietician would do. Clearly no one here is going to be able to please you.

Old 07-03-2023, 05:49 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
how is red meat going to kill someone with fatty liver. eating fat does not make you fat. in fact eating natural fat not from processed foods can help burn fat. eating sugar and drinking alcohol will kill me though. you want to get the fat from natural meats not man made products.
Fatty liver is a disease. It's not a condition of your body size. You either know more than we do about something you clearly know nothing about, and therefore should stop wasting everyone's time asking advice, or - well - that's it. Full stop.

Old 07-03-2023, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetodust View Post
Seems like you just came here to complain. . .

You have a medical condition therefore you should take advice from professionals - since a doctor is not good enough perhaps a dietician would do. Clearly no one here is going to be able to please you.
You clearly don't understand me I'm not complaining. I already complimented farm108 you clearly are not reading the posts. That user gave me good advice. This is a forum where you will see different opinions.

Old 07-03-2023, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Fatty liver is a disease. It's not a condition of your body size. You either know more than we do about something you clearly know nothing about, and therefore should stop wasting everyone's time asking advice, or - well - that's it. Full stop.
You are just a negative poster that only wants people to take your advice.

Old 07-07-2023, 10:38 AM

update: I went back to eating a keto diet and eating once a day. when I started this post my weight said 227 or 228 and now the scale has said 221 3 days in a row. I know some of it is water weight but water weight lost can indicate what you are doing is working. I will continue and some on here have given me good advice. I was stuck in a rut with no weight loss for a long time. this is just the beginning but ill give updates. I have only craved white chocolate and cheese cake. the only cheating I was doing was when I went to dunkin and asked for 2 sugars in the coffee but it might be way too much. 2 sugars does not mean anything unless you know the grams. I will only eat potatoes once a week. when you order coffee at dunking especially iced coffee the default amount of sugar they put in is like 26 grams!!! watch out for hidden nonsense. 2 sugars are probably no where near 2 grams of sugars.

If I lose enough weight I will treat myself with cheese cake. whats better than cheese cake? I'm used to eating once a day already.

Old 07-07-2023, 11:56 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
Quote:
...whats better than cheese cake?
Very good for your progress.

Better than cheesecake? How about a delicious freshly made smoothie! A keto one, made from: coconut milk no sugar added, unsweetened cacao powder, a little vanilla extract, ice cubes, and a few drops of organic stevia. You blend it all and it's done in a few minutes. You'll thank me later.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
Very good for your progress.

Better than cheesecake? How about a delicious freshly made smoothie! A keto one, made from: coconut milk no sugar added, unsweetened cacao powder, a little vanilla extract, ice cubes, and a few drops of organic stevia. You blend it all and it's done in a few minutes. You'll thank me later.
I'm a fat guy who is picky at eating. I never had a smoothie and have no interest unless it had a lot of alcohol in it. however, there is nothing worse than yogurt and ham. I don't do artificial sweeteners and they taste chemically. I don't think they are too healthy in fact with a choice I feel safer with the sugar than the sweetner at least I know the sugar has been around a lot longer and is more natural if you will.

I have never had any desire for a smoothie. cheesecake is thousands of times better. but I bet everyone here has their favorites. my other quilty pleasure is white chocolate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss