Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 07:11 PM

625 posts, read 1,586,686 times

Advertisements

Why is it so easy to talk about the big diet when the ol' foodpouch is full of grub. I love to sit back and listen to the plans people make every year while they're rubbing their overstuffed bellies; feeling like it will be so easy to cut back hard now that they have maxxed out for a couple of days. Not thinking that now that belly has been stretched and is going to be ready for more, sooner. Terrible time to try and start a short-term cutback. We never learn do we
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 09:24 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times
Well technically they say you think better after a carb load.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:41 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,239 times
Grrrrrr...I hate...yes HATE with a passion, the word Diet. Diets don't work ANY of the time. Well actually, I take that back. They do work for the first few months but what....are you going to "diet" for the rest of your life? Because that's what I'm talking about! If you want to loose weight 2 things are completely necessary....no if's and's or butts.....

1. Exercise - you must incorporate anaerobic and aerobic exercise into your life, even if only for 20 minutes a day.

2. Eat right - it's a lifestyle, not a "diet". You HAVE TO change your lifestyle or you will eventually resort back to what you did before you started to "diet".

Old 11-29-2008, 10:11 AM

I skip your rule number one and have kept it off just by not overeating for what I do.

I think a lot of people give up if they think they cant exercise or think they have to be a gym bunny.

But its just not true. Eat less than your body uses and you will never gain. Exercise or not.

And its MUCH easier to exercise from a small size than a larger size.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:26 AM

well good for you then. I still recomend some sort of workout, as I said, even if it is just for 20 minutes a day because when you work out you increase your metabolism both active and resting thus, allowing you to burn more body fat when sitting on the couch then if you don't work out. Of course if you cut your DCI you will loose....that's a given. However, you won't loose as quickly or as consistently as you would if you incorporated anaerobic and aerobic workouts. It's a personal decision so whatever works for you......as long as you are healthy.

oh and yes, there are TONS of cardio and weight routines that heavier people can do.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
well good for you then. I still recomend some sort of workout, as I said, even if it is just for 20 minutes a day because when you work out you increase your metabolism both active and resting thus, allowing you to burn more body fat when sitting on the couch then if you don't work out. Of course if you cut your DCI you will loose....that's a given. However, you won't loose as quickly or as consistently as you would if you incorporated anaerobic and aerobic workouts. It's a personal decision so whatever works for you......as long as you are healthy.

oh and yes, there are TONS of cardio and weight routines that heavier people can do.
Fast loss is terrible for the skin. I dont know why everyone chases that.

Can do and will do...two different things. I dont expect anyone to do what I wouldnt and cardio and bouncing all around in pound plus land...Well I am not removed enough to ignore how those people are treated in a gym/public. Plus is always a cheap excuse to why people cant lose weight. "Oh i cant exercise"

To that I say "Yeh so can you step away from the fork?"

Old 11-29-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Fast loss is terrible for the skin. I dont know why everyone chases that.

Can do and will do...two different things. I dont expect anyone to do what I wouldnt and cardio and bouncing all around in pound plus land...Well I am not removed enough to ignore how those people are treated in a gym/public. Plus is always a cheap excuse to why people cant lose weight. "Oh i cant exercise"

To that I say "Yeh so can you step away from the fork?"
Your totally right, can do and will do are two different things. In my experiences i've had people give up, it's sort of like alcoholism, you can only make an impact if they allow you to. I'd do anything in my power regardless of the time it took me and i've even trained for free to help people who truly wanted it. I won't waste my time on those who choose not to motivate themselves. Maybe that makes me cold, but how I see it, everyone has two choices....all the time.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Your totally right, can do and will do are two different things. In my experiences i've had people give up, it's sort of like alcoholism, you can only make an impact if they allow you to. I'd do anything in my power regardless of the time it took me and i've even trained for free to help people who truly wanted it. I won't waste my time on those who choose not to motivate themselves. Maybe that makes me cold, but how I see it, everyone has two choices....all the time.

No, I wouldnt say cold...thats just your method of attack. It is the best way for health.

There is just no reason people cant do the halfway thing. If they cant do that I think they need to talk to another professional first before going any further and doing the yo-yo rollercoaster.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:13 AM

^ exactly.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:39 AM

Have you ever had to say that to a person you are working with? How did that go over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss