Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:47 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
If anyone has any suspicions about a post, please DM me & I will try to check it out. Thanks. nancy
Lol.....i'd have to do that 4 or 5 times a day Nancy....as the health forums are constantly flooded with spam .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 04:50 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
Well, we try.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 12-15-2008, 06:18 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Well, we try.
We know you are doing your best Nancy

Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
Thanks, 6'3". mmmmmmmmm Southern New Mexico. Sounds wonderful.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-04-2009, 06:11 PM

5 posts, read 13,384 times
The acai berry itself is a superfruit, which means it's high in antioxidants. They're incredibly good for you in many ways. It can even give you clearer skin because antioxidants work as a great detox tool.

BUT, I don't think it should be promoted as purely a weight loss product.

I don't like to rubbish it because, as a health product, anything that is high in antioxidants can help prevent diseases. But from what people have said, and my own experience, it's very hit and miss on the weight loss side.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:51 PM

129 posts, read 488,930 times
I asked my doctor about this the other day and he said that it works as an appetite suppressant as well as providing all the other healthful benefits.However, it's just like anything else IMO, you need to exercise, eat right and sleep to get the full benefits.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:27 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardycapo View Post
The acai berry itself is a superfruit, which means it's high in antioxidants. They're incredibly good for you in many ways. It can even give you clearer skin because antioxidants work as a great detox tool.

BUT, I don't think it should be promoted as purely a weight loss product.

I don't like to rubbish it because, as a health product, anything that is high in antioxidants can help prevent diseases. But from what people have said, and my own experience, it's very hit and miss on the weight loss side.
I have to wonder if it flushes out the pesticides from the thyroid priming it for optimal performance. That will affect the numbers on the scale for sure.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 AM

431 posts, read 1,641,419 times
Default Do NOT order the trials

Do not go on to the websites and get the free 2 week trial. It is a joke! you can not get a hold of anyone when you get charged for something you don't want. I had started to fill out the page when I decided that I would just get it from a reputable company so I backed out after I had put my credit card number in and I just got a conformation sent to me from a website that I aborted! I have left messages and sent an email and told them that if I didn't hear from them by friday I was going to log a formal complaint with the BBB. I am also going to call the credit card company to have them stop the payment and to block all future tranactions with this company. I just hope that none of you have to go through this. This is why I didn't go though with it and my feeling was right.

DO NOT GO ON TO THE WEBSITES TO ORDER THE FREE TRIALS they are a joke and nothing but a headache.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:21 AM

457 posts, read 889,365 times
Yeah, I almost fell for this too! Good thing I actually read the "fine print". You get the free month's trial for 14 days, then after 14 days, they charge you like $60.00 (if you don't contact them to let them know you're dissatisfied with the product (which sounds like is impossible)...hmmm...free trial my a$$!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
I wish the attorney general would crack down on this type of deceptive marketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss