Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:59 PM

60 posts, read 280,002 times

Advertisements

I've read a lot of hype about this fruit too. Can't say that I've actually tried it myself. A co-worker of mine gave me a packet of Acai Berry Energen-C. It tasted wack! ahaha Dr. Oz highly recommends Acai Berry though. I'm thinking of getting one of his books. Has anyone here picked one up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 09:01 PM

931 posts, read 3,802,545 times
Blueberry > All other berries

Old 03-25-2009, 04:26 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
What bothers me that I've noticed in this forum and in the Beauty forum that a new member will claim a certain product "works wonderfully", etc., and I see that they have that one and only post in their stats. It's as if a representative from these companies are trying to sneak in as a member and say a product works and fool everyone here into buying it.

City-Data Forum members beware!

We are very aware of this & feel free to report any post that you are suspicious about. Right at the top, there is an exclamation mark in a triangle where you can do this.
Thanks.
nancy

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-27-2009, 01:44 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,052,033 times
There are very few products that advertise the Acai berry that actually have it in there (take a look sometime, I have yet to find it). It's got antioxidants, so do blueberries, black beans, green tea, pomegranates, and coffee...and they are a heck of a lot cheaper (and you know it's in there). It's no miracle and it won't do anymore then gorging on any other highly touted fad product...usually doing little more then lightening your wallet.

Never, ever sign up for those things on TV...they are scams and just charge you $90 for their "free" trial. Also, if a berry drink changed their life...what the heck was their life before that a berry can change it?

Old 04-04-2009, 08:14 PM

110 posts, read 609,044 times
I thought this might be another fad, too, but I was desperate, so I decided to do a lot of research. The dried, powdered acai berry does not contain the real core ingredients of the acai berry. To be effective and beneficial it has to have the pulp and the skin. Heating and drying the berry tends to deplete it's beneficial components - or so I've read.

I checked out a local natural foods grocery and found a liquid acai juice that has the pulp and skin and is USDA certified organic. It's fairly expensive, but you only have to use about three or four tablespoons a day to get the benefits. I can honestly say it really curbs my appetite. In just a couple weeks, my jeans were much looser.

I'd strongly discourage anyone from buying into the hype and buying something without researching it completely. What I've found works for me, and I feel great!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:42 AM

2,707 posts, read 6,231,719 times
It's a complete and utter scam.
Even the supposed before and after photos are doctored photos from iStock.

Acai Berry Scam - Doctored Before and After Pics and Fake Blogs « Hcg Diet Info

Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,052,033 times
Scams: This Is Why You Don't Order From Fad Diet & Wellness Sites
Scams: Careful, Those Free Acai Products Might Come Attached To A Delicious Scam

And more pear juice!
Snapple: Snapple's Acai Drink Just Pear Juice And Corn Syrup

Got to love the scams.

I forget the name of it, but there was a weight loss product that was shown around 2006 where the before and after photos were so awful I thought it was a parody at first. One before was obviously a man with long hair and a 5 o'clock shadow, the after a woman (that's one heck of a product)...the other was a black guy turning into a tanned white guy.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 PM

151 posts, read 525,563 times
As 6 FOOT 3 said in the first response already, acai berry is a good antioxidant but I haven't seen any research that would support its use for weight loss purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss