Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 02:14 AM

3 posts, read 12,127 times

Advertisements

So I've been very curious to this new diet pill that has been advertised all over the Net and Television. I am just curious in knowing if it works or if their is someone who takes it and it's bogus just good for your body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 07:31 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
I seriously doubt that the Acai berry has anything to do with weight loss unless that's all you ate it by it'self for weeks at a time. Yes it's very high in powerful polyphenols (anthrocyanidins) for anti aging etc... but nothing replaces a good sensible diet and daily exercise.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:44 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Yeh...nothing is a magic pill. I have had the Yogi Tea version of this berry:

Yogi Tea Renew Berry Antioxidant: Full Flavored, Sweet Red Tea - Associated Content

(a write up from someone else)

But just try that tea for drinking and a test of the berry. If nothing else it tastes fantastic.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,718,896 times
Does not work! I have bought and tried two different "Extra Strength" versions of Acai in pill form and have not seen any difference in weight loss in the month and a half I've been using it.

The only positive is that it's an antioxident and if you're not taking one, Acai would be useful for that as a supplement.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:33 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
When you really think about it, there is no one pill that will work magic. It just is not a feasible thing (sadly enough )

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 12-10-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
When you really think about it, there is no one pill that will work magic. It just is not a feasible thing (sadly enough )
That is very true!

What bothers me that I've noticed in this forum and in the Beauty forum that a new member will claim a certain product "works wonderfully", etc., and I see that they have that one and only post in their stats. It's as if a representative from these companies are trying to sneak in as a member and say a product works and fool everyone here into buying it.

City-Data Forum members beware!

Old 12-10-2008, 02:09 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
That is very true!

What bothers me that I've noticed in this forum and in the Beauty forum that a new member will claim a certain product "works wonderfully", etc., and I see that they have that one and only post in their stats. It's as if a representative from these companies are trying to sneak in as a member and say a product works and fool everyone here into buying it.

City-Data Forum members beware!
Thats stuff posted on various boards. Someone from a company actually responded to a question I had in home decor awhile back. I thought that was pretty neat. They found the thread by doing a websearch . They stated who they were and didn't try to be sly though. LOL!

I cant help but wonder if the improvement with the cholesterol part from this berry would long term be a factor in keeping weight off. I do think that putting weight on easily is a sign of disease and deficiency based in nutritional sourced problems.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Thats stuff posted on various boards. Someone from a company actually responded to a question I had in home decor awhile back. I thought that was pretty neat. They found the thread by doing a websearch . They stated who they were and didn't try to be sly though. LOL!

I cant help but wonder if the improvement with the cholesterol part from this berry would long term be a factor in keeping weight off. I do think that putting weight on easily is a sign of disease and deficiency based in nutritional sourced problems.
At least they stated who they were. I'm seeing a lot of posts where people claim to be all excited over a product and it's their only one. It makes me suspicious of the claims.

I didn't test my cholesterol blood levels while using the Acai, so I can't tell you if it worked for that. There are cheaper things to supplement with if someone has high cholesterol levels than the Acai.

I just know, that for myself, it wasn't at all helpful for weightloss which is what all the advertisements say it does.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:11 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
If anyone has any suspicions about a post, please DM me & I will try to check it out. Thanks. nancy

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 12-11-2008, 04:17 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,431,509 times
I doubt these things really work for weight loss. I have a friend who tried to sell me on an acai drink. She said she lost 20 pounds in 3 months and attributed it all to the drink. Then she began telling me about how she became a vegetarian and began running again during that time period. Hmm. Think it was the drink or the lifestyle change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss