Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 04:26 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times

Advertisements

OK. Keep your intake low and eat what you want, remembering that if you eat protein and whole-grain bread, oatmeal, lentil or bean soups, salads (with lots of good veggies and add chickpeas), and avoid white foods (bad carbs - rice, potatoes, bread), which I call fluff food because it doesn't fill you and is basically wasted calories, you will eat less because you will be more satisfied. There is nothing wrong with good fats - like butter,olive oil, eaten sparingly.

At the very least, walk at least 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes at a good clip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 04:29 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
thank you all so much! This has been extremely helpful you dont know how much I appreciate your advise. I am a doer, so I make the committment and thanks again!

Old 01-31-2009, 04:38 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleo View Post
What exactly are you asking for?

You have 3 threads basically mumbling about the same thing. (I'm assuming English isn't your first language.)
Regardless of his language, your posts are rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleo View Post
Why on earth would anyone try to live off a 1200 calorie diet?
What do you do all day, sit in a chair? You don't move at all?
And your humor/sarcasm is a flame, plain and simple. The OP asked a simple question. An intelligent answer would suffice.

Don't assume, because you don't know the age or anything about the person asking. Maybe they are not computer literate, or maybe they are just trying to improve their health.

Personally, I don't go for any diet that would set me up for failure. You could google "1200 calories" and come up with some pretty good advice.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:23 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
My opinion is to eat whatever you want, but with smaller portions.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:51 PM

thanks both of you , and dont worry Oleo does not scare me, I did buy some quiona on there advise and miso!!! So I will take sarcastic answers in stride. Hey maybe they are on to something I dont know! Thanks for your support!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 04:38 PM

931 posts, read 3,803,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thanks both of you , and dont worry Oleo does not scare me, I did buy some quiona on there advise and miso!!! So I will take sarcastic answers in stride. Hey maybe they are on to something I dont know! Thanks for your support!!!
Here is a good recipe for quinoa:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...y-eat-try.html

Very easy to make and extremely healthy.

Don't forget about sweet potatoes. When you are craving carbs nuke a sweet potato and eat with a little butter.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:46 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
I just eat whatever I want BUT eat small meals instead of 3 a day. I walk at least 30 to 45 minutes a day also,

Old 02-01-2009, 04:56 PM

931 posts, read 3,803,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I just eat whatever I want BUT eat small meals instead of 3 a day. I walk at least 30 to 45 minutes a day also,
So I can eat like 6 doughnuts a day, but have them one at a time in like 2-3 hour intervals. Cool!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:41 PM

65 posts, read 141,206 times
I also have been dieting since the first of the year,

I wake up each morning and start my day with either a bowl of Honey Nut Cherios with no fat milk and a cup of coffee or the Special K cereals (many different ones to choose from) also good for breakfast are the special K waffles ... they are great, for lunch I usually eat raw veggies, (brocolli, califlower, carrots dipped in lowfat ranch dressing and 2 hard boiled eggs, or low fat yogurt (any variety but vannila is my favorite, I sprinkle some granola and flaxseed on it) for dinner I usually have whatever meat the family wants but I don't eat the potatoes I eat extra veggies. I don't eat bread of any kind.

I give myself one day a week to eat whatever I want and to have a drink with friends if I want (usually Friday) so if I want some pizza and beer ... Friday is the day I allow myself to do this. I find that most of the time I don't do it ... but I know that if I want to I can with no guilt. So far I have lost 11 pounds.

I think that everyone has to find their own way ... something that you can live with because it is not just a diet that is going to last a few months ... it's a new way of life something that I know I have to do for the rest of my life.

But by giving myself that one day a week that I can do whatever I want ... I can live with this for the rest of my life ... but eating only protein is not good for you ... people need more than meat and eggs.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:47 PM

thanks again I have been off low carb since Monday, and I feel great! After 3 long years its so nice to eat steel cut oats, some other things but I am basically not adding sugar and junk. I have lost 2 lbs already, keeping calories at 1300 and cranking in the gym so Im feeling good. Now if I soon notice that some of these non low carb items make me want to eat the house down, I will change but I needed to get back to a normal portion and not this so called low carb slob fest all day. You see I lost the calorie part of low carb, and plus all the fake low carb foods like sugar free this and that caused me to stall. I feel great. Thanks all of you, and Oleo I am going to make your quinoa dish tommorrow!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss