Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:43 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times

Advertisements

My diet,
When I was a child,
White rice with beans, with chicken (different ways), steaks, mash potato, french fries, hamburgers, and basically almost everything.
Now:
I cut back on the rice (still eat it but a lot less), eating more legume, less bread (cutting a lot of simple carbs), I am eating chicken with little rice or little mash, I cant and I repeat I cant cut back on steak. Also once a week (usually on Saturday, I go all out and eat everything, that way I don't go crazy for sweets)
And basically cutting back on the carbs (but not eliminated them completely) I have lost a lot of weight.
I mainly use the GI index.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 12:02 PM

551 posts, read 1,573,626 times
Cutting out all white flour products will help you lose weight. No white flour, white rice, white pasta, white bread. Instead try these yummy substitutes; whole wheat flour for coating and baking, brown rice, or whole wheat couscous, bulgur wheat(find a recipe that will add veggies and maybe olive oil or it will be bland)use whole wheat 100% durum pasta, and find a wholegrain bread that you like (try Whole Foods or La Madeline, or HEB. With bread make sure that it is 100%whole wheat; just check the label.

I lost the last of my baby weight 3 years ago when my youngest was 6 after doing this. I went from a size 6-8 to a 2 and most all fof the inches came from my abs and my butt. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times
I like to eat, and I like to eat a variety of foods. I workout for 90 minutes (running & weightlifting, some biking, swimming in the summer) four days a week. My typical daily diet:

7:30 Whole grain cereal with milk, two eggs & ww toast with honey, or oatmeal w/ walnuts & blueberries.

11:00 (post-workout) peanut butter or cream cheese on a wasa cracker, boiled egg, cheesestick w/ raw veggies, or strained yogurt (greek-style) w/ fruit

12:00 half of a tuna or turkey sandwich w/ handful of chips and a piece of fruit, sometimes a small bowl of soup (tomato or chicken noodle)

3:00 red pepper slices with hummus, a handful of almonds, or a piece of ww bread with smidge of butter

6:00 a small bowl of pasta w/ red sauce, turkey meatballs & salad, turkey & bean chili w/ cornbread, a small serving of chicken or fish w/ green veggie & whole grain side (brown rice, ww couscous, bulghur wheat, etc.), or black bean burritos. For dessert, sliced fruit with a spritz of whipped cream or a piece of dark chocolate.

Other than a glass of milk at dinner, I drink mostly water or green tea.

I stay away from fake foods, like diet dairy products (other than skim milk). If I have butter, I have the real stuff, and I don't feel guilty about it. Deprivation doesn't work for me. To perform at my best and to look my best (I ignore the scale), I find that I need to eat more than 1200 calories a day of a variety of foods. If I reduce my calories, I feel weak, mentally foggy, and unmotivated.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
[SIZE=3]Learn what you can do and why what you eat is so important. This helps to explain why people who've had antibiotic exposure, have LOST their protective eco-system in their intestine; these are the ones who may notice a "re-arrangement" of their gut function (this is ALWAYS for the better) when they begin the excellent nutrition, as their gut is getting the type of nutrition that will un-mask this imbalance or loss of the good germs (called "dysbiosis"). With persistent encouragement and small amounts of a wide variety of fruit and veggie nutrients, I use JuicePlus, but there are other products, these folks can come much closer to optimal health over time. The following is a link to Wall Street Journal article August 28, 2008, for some background info.
Immune System's Double Duty - WSJ.com
[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss