Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 10:45 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueey2 View Post
First, thank you for the correction. Mrs. Borino is a Nurse Practitoner working in the clinic under another Doctor there. My point was that even a health care provider is a believer.

Second, why do I feel so darn good? I have been watching myself very closely for signs of dehydration, fatigue, headaches, severe hunger etc. I know I personally can not live on 500 calories a day alone. I have been monitoring my food intake, weight, excersise etc on my-calorie-counter.com for a little over a year now and have been keeping it around 1500 a day. Some days that just wasn't enough and I was hungry! I am a foodie at heart. Since taking the drops I do not feel hunger pains like I would without them. Now maybe for a couple of days you might be able to live on 500 calories a day but I'm on day 23 and I feel great! My blood pressure was 104/70 last week when it was checked at the clinic. I have lost 20 lbs, 4% body fat and 4.5 inches off my waist. I walk a min of 2 miles on the treadmill every day without a problem. I do not feel that I'm losing muscle as I also lift 8 lb weights every other day and I just stacked 16 rows of bricks on a pallet in my back yard. If you ever do work like that you will know it's not easy. I'm not tired, just the opposite in fact. I am doing things around the house until 9-10 o'clock at night before I force myself to go to bed where as before I would be exhausted and in bed by 8, wathcing tv with a snack. 30 min of tv or a book and I'm asleep and don't wake up until morning and I sleep like a baby.

So once again I will address the original question of 'does anyone have experience with the hgc diet?' The answer is Yes, I have a had a very favorable experience with the hcg diet. It works.
Placebo effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 02:45 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Anyone against the diet know or have any links on any deaths attributed to hcg (either the injection or drops)

Also,for those on the diet,is it true the injections work better than the oral drops?

I'm seriously thinking of starting them as I've been fat my whole adult life and am tired of being taunted.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm seriously thinking of starting them as I've been fat my whole adult life and am tired of being taunted.
Why are you considering HCG as opposed to all the many other proven effective methods out there?

Old 11-21-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Anyone against the diet know or have any links on any deaths attributed to hcg (either the injection or drops)

Also,for those on the diet,is it true the injections work better than the oral drops?

Have you read the entire thread? Why don't you do that. HCG is an expensive scam. The weight loss is due to an unhealthy diet, not the HCG. If you take two equal groups of people, give half the HCG and the other half just salt water, with no one knowing who gets the HCG, the two groups will lose the same amount of weight and they will experience the same amount of hunger while doing it. The theory behind the diet comes from the imagination of one man, who thought it up 60 years ago. There is no science behind it.

Ethical physicians who treat obesity will not prescribe it.

HCG Worthless as Weight-Loss Aid ;

"Numerous clinical trials have shown HCG to be ineffectual in producing weight loss."

"The diet used in the Simeons method provides a lower protein intake than is advisable in view of current knowledge and practice."

Since 1975, the FDA has required labeling and advertising of HCG to state:

HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or "normal" distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.

The only thing HCG does is make a lot of money for the charlatans who promote it.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:52 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
I think sometimes people think if they are taking pills or shots to lose weight it must be better than good old fashioned exercise and eating right.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:54 PM

6 posts, read 16,050 times
Quote:

The naysayers are at it again. They have NOT tried the diet, they have NO proof it doesn't work and are so closed minded they won't listen to what hundres of people who ARE ON or HAVE DONE the diet are saying. Heck, now they're making up studies (half the people on salt water etc) to prove their unfounded point.

The drops DO WORK! The shots DO WORK. I like the drops, others like the shots. They are both effective. This is not a placebo effect I am experiencing! There is NO WAY i wouldn't be starving and sick by now if I weren't taking the drops.

Do some more research. Listen to the people who KNOW first hand the effects of this diet, not the one's just guessing.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueey2 View Post
The naysayers are at it again. They have NOT tried the diet, they have NO proof it doesn't work and are so closed minded they won't listen to what hundres of people who ARE ON or HAVE DONE the diet are saying. Heck, now they're making up studies (half the people on salt water etc) to prove their unfounded point.

The drops DO WORK! The shots DO WORK. I like the drops, others like the shots. They are both effective. This is not a placebo effect I am experiencing! There is NO WAY i wouldn't be starving and sick by now if I weren't taking the drops.

Do some more research. Listen to the people who KNOW first hand the effects of this diet, not the one's just guessing.
Don't have to "make up studies". They've really been done:

Ineffectiveness of human chorionic gonadotropin in weight reduction: a double-blind study — Am J Clin Nutr :

"Twenty of 25 in the HCG and 21 of 26 patients in the placebo groups completed 28 injections. There was no statistically significant difference in the means of the two groups in number of injections received, weight loss, percent of weight loss, hip and waist circumference, weight loss per injections, or in hunger ratings. HCG does not appear to enhance the effectiveness of a rigidly imposed regimen for weight reduction."

Human chorionic gonadotrophin and weight loss. A d... [S Afr Med J. 1990] - PubMed result :

"Subjects receiving HCG injections showed no advantages over those on placebo in respect of any of the variables recorded. Furthermore, weight loss on our diet was similar to that on severely restricted intake. We conclude that there is no rationale for the use of HCG injections in the treatment of obesity."

Chorionic gonadotropin in weight control. A double... [JAMA. 1976] - PubMed result :

"Two hundred two patients participated in a double-blind random cross-over study of the effectiveness of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) vs placebo in a weight reduction program. Serial measurements were made of weight, skin-fold thickness, dropout rates, reasons for dropping out, and patient subjective response. There was no statistically significant difference between those receiving HCG vs placebo during any phase of this study (P greater than .1)." (This study specifically measured fat loss. HCG did not cause more fat loss.)

Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in the treatmen... [West J Med. 1977] - PubMed result :

"Injections of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) have been claimed to aid in weight reduction by reducing hunger, and affecting mood as well as aiding in localized (spot) reduction. We have tested these claims in a double-blind randomized trial using injections of HCG or placebo. Weight loss was identical between the two groups, and there was no evidence for differential effects on hunger, mood or localized body measurements. Placebo injections, therefore, appear to be as effective as HCG in the treatment of obesity."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00004-0042.pdf :

"We conclude that there is no scientific evidence that HCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss or fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being."

There are other studies, too.

Like I said, placebo effect. Very expensive placebo. The weight loss is due to severe calorie restriction, not the HCG. Your belief that HCG works does not make it true, and the science proves HCG does not work.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 11-21-2010 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: correct typos.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Awesome post by Suzy_q above. I guess that pretty much settles the HCG argument in this thread. Oh, but Im sure by tomorrow morning there will be some "new" poster who just so happened to find and join CD to comment on this thread.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:03 PM

3 posts, read 10,972 times
What do the letters HCG stand for?

Old 11-23-2010, 11:09 PM

3 posts, read 10,972 times
Okay. I just saw a post that answered my question. I am seriously thinking of joining weight watchers. I think it is a safe way to lose weight. I will give them a call. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss