Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 05:47 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I know I'm deficient in some vitamins because of how few fruits and vegetables I eat. Being from south Louisiana, much of my diet is rice, pork, beef, chicken. I have added prunes for snacking.
This is why. Your body may not be starved for calories but it is starved for nutrients. That hunger is your body telling you to eat more fruits and veggies.
I know a lot of that food has lots of fats and starches...

Try mixing more veggies in with your rices and make tomato sauces for your meats. If you blend up tomato + peppers + garlic it makes an awesome spicey sauce that goes well over most meat dishes and pasta.

Can you drink orange juice and eat total cereal?

Try minute maid multivitamin orange juice and check out some of the different total cereals. (they have a TON of diff ones now)

Google: Just Veggies. They are dry veggies and if you like chips, theses make a good replacement and are an easy food. (no cooking/washing etc)

They also make fruit powders. If you want a good way to get all your veggie needs in one drink grab a green smoothie.

YouTube - Green Smoothie 101

Its best for absorption purposes to have 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening.

You do need to drink a little extra water when you are losing wt too so make sure you are not mixing up thirst with hunger. Next time you feel hungry have 16 oz of water and wait 15 minutes and then see if you are still hungry or if was a thirsty need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 09:44 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I've tried different versions of Centrum and One-A-Day. Every time I take multi-vitamins, my appetite increases so much I can't hardly stop myself from eating and I gain weight. I even tried cutting the vitamins in half and taking half in the morning and half in the evening to spread out the effects of the vitamins. Has this happened with anyone else? Starting today, I'm going to try taking only 1/2 a vitamin and if the hunger continues then I'll just have to quit taking vitamins totally.
You might try a better quality Vitamin. Here is my recommendation.

Bodybuilding.com - Optimum Opti-Men - More Than A Multi! On sale now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss