Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:06 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,090 times

Advertisements

I have lost 50 pounds and I am committed to eating healthy, NOBODY can make me eat anything I don't want to eat. It is all about making healthier choices...

If I have been good in sticking to my healthier eating lifestyle, I'll have that piece of cake as a reward now and then and I don't beat myself up over it.. It is a REWARD! I have been helping a guy loose weight and he has what he calls a "free day" where he can eat what he wants, one day a week. He dosen't go overboard and stuff himself just because it is a free day, just eats a normal meal and he has lost 50 pounds eating like that and is off all his medications that he was on before the diet. SO, don't beat yourself up over ONE day... But also always remember, NOBODY can make you eat anything you don't want to eat, you have to be committed 100% to that diet or it is not going to work. (But DO reward yourself every now and then)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 05:53 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,201,389 times
Laura707...it's great that you and your friend can celebrate one day a week. I'm a little envious of people like you. As for me, if I take one bite, I'm done. So it's best for me to just leave it out Works for me...

Old 08-04-2010, 04:55 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
How do I educate the masses that all this junk food fests is not good for them?
Simple...you don't.

Now, I agree with most of the points you made...but its not your business to "educate the masses." Take care of yourself and don't worry about how other people choose to live their lives.

Quote:
And as expected, my 24 hour hard work has been wiped out by one slice with merciless choco cream and ganache.
Did they put a gun to your head and force you to eat it? if not, then the only one to blame is yourself.

Quote:
I'm sick of the fat people who infest my office like bees on a beehive Not only do they disrupt themselves, they disrupt others too into their cycle of adiposure.
Funny...I feel the same way about self-righteous people who think they know what's best for everyone else.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:33 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
I have changed offices now. Working in a new office with a 40% pay hike

Anyway, back to the fatties. This is like the energy conservation rule in Physics. Energy in one form is always transformed into another. It never disappears. Same here. Different office, but fatties abound here. But fatties of another form.

1. They won't use lifts, they climb on stairs. They claim it's healthy. Wow, yes.
2. They bring all sorts of Lean Cuisine trays. A different one each day. One that famously read, low cal chicken alfredo LMAO
3. They are all enrolled in company organized weight watchers programmes.
4. They take looooooooong walks after lunch. The office campus is huge with gardens, fountains, trees and birds that can sing for another depressing John Keats poem. Some walk fast in pairs, they go round and round, 2 or 3 rounds. They claim it's their daily exercise.
5. They keep speaking about their low cal food they bought it from the TV ads.

And they are still fat

I don't get it. LOL. And here is what drives me mad about them. This is how they describe me - "Oh, Tony's our new Mister Wonderful. Oh, and, he is a health nut, he eats based on a spreadsheet, works out twice"

Health nut?? Seriously??

Points 1 thru 5 and they call me the "health nut" LMAO

At least no more junk food bringing, that problem has been solved. To even bring a cake, they need to get clearance from the security and the scanners at the gate with manager's approval. Too much hassle to even think about bringing food

But......... they have this huge cafeteria where they have a dessert corner filled with cheesecakes, black forrest ones, cookie bars blah blah blah. They disappear at speed and the chefs keep restocking them. Guess who gobbles them up at rocket's pace?

Old 08-05-2010, 10:26 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,550,698 times
Personally, I think your attitude towards your coworkers is rude and condescending and it would not take a genius to figure out where you work.......

You may just wind up eating a lot of crow but at least I hear crow is not fattening, just makes you humble.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 AM

523 posts, read 3,804,735 times
as long as you keep moving office regularly, it shouldnt be too much of an issue. they wont find out about how much time you waste whining about them anonymously on an internet board, and youll probably be able to get out before you get run out of there for being exposed as the thoroughly unpleasant human being you appear to be from your posts.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:12 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
What makes you think you have the right to "educate" your fellow employees? They're all adults and don't need your advice. If you become the office health-Nazi, you won't be very well liked or appreciated.

Stay out of their faces and practice self-restraint. Just because YOU have a weakness you can't control doesn't give you the right to try and change THEM.
When those obese, unhealthy eaters take time off from work because they're unhealthy and get sick more often, get injured more often, and when they get injured on the job and suck up worker's comp more often, it affects MY job. Because I'm the one who gets stuck doing THEIR job, because they are too sick, unhealthy, and obese to do it themselves.

When their fat fingers can't manage to hit the right keys on the keyboard, I'm the one who has to fix their errors. When they bump into the cabinet in the mail room and knock over the basket full of mail to the CEO, I'm the one who has to bend down and pick it all back up again. Because they're too fat to be able to reach over their bellies to pick the mail that they bumped off themselves.

Nothing against fat folks. I'm technically obese, myself. But you asked why it's his job to tell them to stop bringing crap into the workplace. That's the answer. Because their crap, is interfering with his job. If they wanna kill themselves at home, they're welcome to shovel crap down their throats to their heart's content. But the moment they have to call in sick because of their habits, or feel the need to bring their unhealthy lifestyle INTO the workplace, they've just stepped over the line.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:27 AM

Wow

You know stress is a major cause of illness and accidents. Maybe you need to worry more about your own reactivity than someone else's fat fingers

Maybe you and Antler Dude should get together

Can't - you are too FAT if you are obese. Duh, what a repulsive peice of work; he would not even talk to YOU.

[note this was sarcasm directed at the post where anonchick admits to being obese but going off on obese folks]

Old 08-05-2010, 11:28 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Technically, the only ones who will take offense to my posts are the obese themselves. Please direct that attacking energy in hitting some gym plus a healthy diet.

No need to attack me now.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:48 AM

I am obese, have been doing both, and having very nice results, thank you very much.

It does not change your behavior though. Sorry, quite inappropirate. When you do grow up you will learn that you are accountable for your own actions and lack of self control and not the office fatties.

Somehow I have the feeling that you are not without flaws of your own that irritate your coworkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss