Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 10:17 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,029,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
How Am I doing So Far? Please advise.
I think you are totally on the right track, but need to really adjust your nutritional intake (as mentioned previously by Onglet).

Here is my usual weight loss/cutting diet that I previously posted for a (non appreciative) CD poster. https://www.city-data.com/forum/14244373-post8.html

Hope this helps. Good luck with continued success on your fitness goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 11:53 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,046,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Your diet is terrible. As long as you are consuming all of that sugar and eating processed foods (A hot dog and velveeta? Cake at the end of the day?) you will remain overweight. You need to eat more spread throughout the day (eat 4-6 times, not 3) and eat better. I'm too lazy to type out a bunch of food ideas. As a general rule, I would want to see a lean protein at every meal, at least five colors a day (not including white~beige~brown or artificial colors). In fact, any dinner with no color - like your hot dog dinner - is a poor choice.
I cant eat more spread throughout the day. My schedule doesnt work that way, nor will my job allow it. One scheduled break at work, and one break only. The rest of the time Im standing at a register for 4 hours straight. No, I cant have something while standing there unless I want to get chewed out, and if I am caught in the back room having one of these little mini meals I could be fired for stealing time. Yes, Im serious, yes Ive seen it happen unless someone has a doctors note saying theyre hypoglycemic or something of that nature.

The hotdog was smoked turkey, a total of 45 calories and no fat,and was all Id had since my lunchtime which was a salad (with lots of colors), yogurt, and water. I hit the gym for almost 2 hours afterward. I think I burned it off.
It was also the first damn hotdog I'd eaten for a month, not like a everyday occurence.

Otherwise I hate hotdogs,bologna, sausage, and any other kind of organ meat. The cake is made with egg whites. Hell, I'll even give you the recipe used to analyze.
Fanatic Cook: Angel Food Cake
The tea is my caffeine, and Ive cut it to two 8 oz. glasses a day. The tea I make isnt even as sweet as others think it should be...its not syrup. THAT isnt going anywhere. Anything else can be cut and has been except those two glasses. One in the morning and one at night to calm me down. Aside from my once slice of cake sin, its usually the only bit of sugar I have all day.

Next week I'll hit the gym 5 days straight. What do I eat to stop my body from demanding more calories as I up the amount of physical activity? The only thing I can think of is maybe some sort of protein shake?

Old 06-06-2010, 11:55 AM

42,037 posts, read 75,470,595 times
Quote:
Day 5: Gym was closed
Dontcha hate that? Mine seems to have a problem with its electrical supply; the power is out at least one or two days a month. Argh. But you did the right thing: Find something else, some other way to get in a little exercise. Good going.

Quote:
How do I stop being hungry?
What works for me is to eat more protein and drink more water.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think you are totally on the right track, but need to really adjust your nutritional intake (as mentioned previously by Onglet).

Here is my usual weight loss/cutting diet that I previously posted for a (non appreciative) CD poster. https://www.city-data.com/forum/14244373-post8.html

Hope this helps. Good luck with continued success on your fitness goals.
Thanks! It looks pretty good, minus a few things I wouldnt eat (not alot, but a few)

For example, I dont care at all for Lean Cuisines (or any microwave thing), and I dont like mayo mixed with tuna (Hate mayo period). Id eat the tuna straight out of the can though, nothing on it.

Would rotissierie work for the chicken portion?

What, Lao, is a yam?! Is that anything like a sweet potato?

Old 06-06-2010, 02:22 PM

483 posts, read 557,578 times
Quote:
All right, I finally have a fire under my butt to drop some serious poundage.

I started the day two days ago.

1st day:
10 minutes jogging on the treadmill (I *hate* treadmills so this didnt last long, but burned 60 cals)

10 minutes on the Rowing Machine (burned 100 calories)

5 minutes each on two different stationary bikes..Found I hate those too.
40 reps on ab machine @ 60lbs

40 reps on another back machine @ 75lbs( I dont know what to call it, but it works on your middle back)

2nd day
10 minutes on Rowing

24 reps on the Bat Stand...that thingy you stand on and can kind of hang upside down..It works your back and abs.

24 reps on the Boob Lifter @ 35lbs (Thats what I call it..it works your pec muscles)

15 reps on the Short Person machine @ 70lbs. It works your calves.

30 minutes of Zumba class. I'll do it again, but this white girl needs more rythm..sheesh!

3rd day: Rest because muscles are sore. Stupid boob machine..

I want to drop 20lbs or more by next spring. Will doing something like these things 3-4 days a week help me do so?
It would help if we knew your current height and weight.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
It would help if we knew your current height and weight.
5'6", and as for weight, lets just stick with fat, shall we? Im not happy with the number AT ALL. But I promise that when I get it back down to a number thats fit to tell strangers, I'll tell.
I am fortunate to be well enough proportioned that I dont look my weight.

I spoke with a trainer at the gym, who, after putting me through my paces on the machines (MEAN woman! lol) said that a portion of my weight comes from muscle, because I am natually quite strong (I have more than alot of people she sees apparently), and that my saving grace is that I am young, and dont like 97% of most junk foods people my age tend to like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss