Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:55 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,787,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
I'm going to disagree. I can't help but think she knew exactly what she was doing - ie, the dog dies in what is supposed to look like a "tragic accident" - and did it out nothing more than a desire to get her ex where it was going to hurt the most.

C'mon - you go into a store, you buy dog things (this is the prelude, ie, "see, I love the dog, I buy her things). You come out, the dog is dying/dead. What do you do? You turn around and go back into the store - abandoning the dying dog?? - to make sure you get your money back.

Nope. I contend it was not an accident.

But then.... I'm such the cynic.
It is more than a little difficult for me not to read between those exact lines...

But, on the other hand, I feel like the journalist stepped a little bit out of WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN HOW and led me in that direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 12:30 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,056,464 times
Quote:
I'm going to disagree. I can't help but think she knew exactly what she was doing - ie, the dog dies in what is supposed to look like a "tragic accident" - and did it out nothing more than a desire to get her ex where it was going to hurt the most.
You're right. I have to remind myself that there are conniving people out there.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:39 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:

C'mon - you go into a store, you buy dog things (this is the prelude, ie, "see, I love the dog, I buy her things). You come out, the dog is dying/dead. What do you do? You turn around and go back into the store - abandoning the dying dog?? - to make sure you get your money back.

Nope. I contend it was not an accident.

But then.... I'm such the cynic.
But doesn't the fact that she thought to return the merchandise right then (!) make the "tragic accident" look like it was well thought out? If so, she nailed her own coffin, so to speak.

Or is THAT where her lack of brains comes into play?

Either way, the ____ is brainless. And hateful. And evil.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:41 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,149,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
But doesn't the fact that she thought to return the merchandise right then (!) make the "tragic accident" look like it was well thought out?
I'd bet you because she didn't/doesn't see anything wrong with her actions (ie, returning the things she'd bought), it has never occurred to her that people might look askance at her behaviour. I bet she sees it as purely "logical" or "rational"; she spent money buying goods for a pet that's dead - or will be soon enough, so she has no need of the goods, so she might as well get her money back.

Wait for it... if she's prosecuted, you'll hear about the "balance of her mind" being disturbed. Yeah? If she was so disturbed, why she drive all the way to another state to go shopping?

One has to hope that somehow this news makes its way back to the judge that awarded her custody of the dog in the first place.

Poor doggie. It's really a unpleasant way to die.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:27 AM

1,272 posts, read 2,374,489 times
I'm just sick over this. I hope she has the book thrown at her and actually does serve time over this. As a medical professional she can't claim ignorance of heat exposure, likewise in any area where temps soar there are constant reminders of what to do. I feel for her ex who not only lost his dog in the divorce but now has to live with this too. My prayers go out to this poor animal who suffered for no reason.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:38 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,588,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
YEAH! I'd love to roast her. Or bake her. Or fry her. Or... name your poison.
I don't care HOW she's cooked, I'd just like her to be well-done.
Agreed!

The poor dog is the one who paid the ultimate price.

I also feel bad for the estranged husband, I'll bet he feels really guilty now about just letting the dog go instead of doing what he could to keep her. At the same time, if he was married to this woman for 38 years, he probably should have known she would be capable of something like this, don't you think? Man...! I would never be able to forgive myself if I were in his shoes...that furry face would just haunt me for the rest of my life!

Old 07-25-2010, 07:42 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,553,902 times
Quote:
I like the bit ...The mind boggles.
You "like" that? That boggles my mind. I feel sorry for the dog AND the woman. If you liked the story, I feel sorry for you.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:55 AM

1,688 posts, read 8,149,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
You "like" that? That boggles my mind. I feel sorry for the dog AND the woman. If you liked the story, I feel sorry for you.
Here's a small something to help you understand the tone of my post.

Sarcasm - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs