Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:19 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,528,311 times

Advertisements

My oldest female will loose lead with wife on track until within 100 feet of find and with me tight all the way. Strange how they know what can get away with and with whom. My stud on other hand is pull pull pull and that is 117 pounds of muscle and in harness can drag ya. Then again kids can handle the female also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 02:34 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,556,961 times
Is that a sex thing? My friend's female is as you describe but her male is an absolute bulldozer and another odg I knew who would pull you down was a large male.

The main thing I had about hiding for them is not the drool but the whole thing about them jumping on you to make the ID. Oh, man those claws on those big dogs. I just got used to carrying handi-wipes and a towel for the other

Old 08-02-2010, 06:31 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,528,311 times
My female will not do the jump but she will bay and scare crap out of ya. Trying with male to just paw ya as he is to big he gets up he looks me in the eyes. I have a male here that had sold and keeping for a bit that is gentle on lead, and another that is pretty good. My stud though he just wants to go and do not try to stop him when he is scenting as if gets you off balance and not have a good hold he is gone or worse yet have lead wrapped shorter to control better and road rash quick.

Females train easier can tell you that much and not as stubborn.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:29 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
i love these stories......

i know there is a joke somewhere about the girls being easier to train and not as stubborn, but my poor tired brain can't fish it out right now.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs